/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Now includes all veterans every day.

BUT, it excludes most of what I buy there:
---------------------------
What items are excluded from The Home Depot Military Discount?
  • The Home Depot Military Discount cannot be applied to select items, services and fees, including, but not limited to, some commodity products (including lumber, wire, building materials), value priced merchandise, appliances, tool rental fees, labor items, gift cards and services including freight and delivery.
-----------------------

Bruce

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #2  

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #3  
Ya its ok. I have saved a few hundred this year with it. The $400 will quickly run out…then back to Lowes! I guess that is exactly what HD wants.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #4  
What items are excluded from The Home Depot Military Discount?
  • The Home Depot Military Discount cannot be applied to select items, services and fees, including, but not limited to, some commodity products (including lumber, wire, building materials), value priced merchandise, appliances, tool rental fees, labor items, gift cards and services including freight and delivery.
Sounds like what HF did for years with their 25% off coupons.

Someone in another thread mentioned something about needing a cellphone to get the discount now? What's that all about?
disclaimer: I'm not a vet, just a curious civilian

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #5  
Sounds like what HF did for years with their 25% off coupons.

Someone in another thread mentioned something about needing a cellphone to get the discount now? What's that all about?
disclaimer: I'm not a vet, just a curious civilian
When you check out, you bring up the HD app on your cell phone and access your account. At that point, you scan the QR code on your phone's screen to get the military discount.

Where I live, the discount covers the sales tax and I'm not complaining.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #6  
No vet here. Should be of some help to those who qualify.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #7  
   / Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #8  
When you check out, you bring up the HD app on your cell phone and access your account. At that point, you scan the QR code on your phone's screen to get the military discount.

Where I live, the discount covers the sales tax and I'm not complaining.
Last two orders I did were on the web and shipped to home. Discount applied automatically and on items the stores don't stock and that were on sale..

That's where the big difference is with this program expansion. Used to be in store only and in-stock regular priced items only.
I've got a VA card with my name on it.
So do I, but this makes it easier. The 'present VA card in store' was subject to store manager discretion and some didn't accept it, or only on certain holidays. And you couldn't use it for web orders to be picked up in store even if you could use it for in store purchases.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #9  
I have used the discount for several decades. From what you post they are now limiting it so that lumber and building material and appliances don't count. That is a huge downside. If you can now use it online that is an upside but not enough to counter the elimination of lumber from the discount. Lowes is further away and not as convenient but they used to allow double dipping and you would get the discount even on an item with a sales price. Used it on a freezer and dryer in past years for a significant savings. HD may have pushed me over to Lowes for more purchases with their so called enhancement. Of course Lowes may now exclude lumber will have to look into that.