Home Depot veteran discount expanded.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #11  
Ya its ok. I have saved a few hundred this year with it. The $400 will quickly run out…then back to Lowes! I guess that is exactly what HD wants.
Years ago I spent a lot of money every year at HD.
Eventually, Lowes improved greatly and the Veterans Discount was appreciated. While deployed overseas I found that HD would not ship to APO address's! That meant Lowes became my preferred store.
Lowes allows the discount on everything I purchase.
The Closest Lowes is 1/2 hour away, HD, 5 minutes.
I am "forced" to buy some things at HD but all my big purchases are orders so they get most of my money.
Thank you Lowes for your loyalty to veterans!

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #12  
Last two orders I did were on the web and shipped to home. Discount applied automatically and on items the stores don't stock and that were on sale..

That's where the big difference is with this program expansion. Used to be in store only and in-stock regular priced items only.

So do I, but this makes it easier. The 'present VA card in store' was subject to store manager discretion and some didn't accept it, or only on certain holidays. And you couldn't use it for web orders to be picked up in store even if you could use it for in store purchases.
Yep. Having it apply automatically *and* be used on sale or clearance items is what makes HD's better. Lowes has started offering the 10% year round, but you still need to go in store and not every manager knows how to/wants to do it.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #13  
Lowes has started offering the 10% year round, but you still need to go in store and not every manager knows how to/wants to do it.
Ummm, no. Once it's linked to your MyLowes card, it all happens automatically all days. The main exclusion there is appliances, though there are a few others.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #14  
Ummm, no. Once it's linked to your MyLowes card, it all happens automatically all days. The main exclusion there is appliances, though there are a few others.
Hmm.. here I still need to ask for it..? And they still wont give it on sale items.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #15  
That's why I do a lot of 'order on their website for pick up in store'. All of that is done at the web order checkout and not left up to the store. But in my two stores, it even applies to clearance items, though sometimes I'll see 'minimum retail price applied' on the store receipt when something is already reduced as far as they'll allow.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #16  
That's why I do a lot of 'order on their website for pick up in store'. All of that is done at the web order checkout and not left up to the store. But in my two stores, it even applies to clearance items, though sometimes I'll see 'minimum retail price applied' on the store receipt when something is already reduced as far as they'll allow.
I'll look again, but a couple months ago I didn't see it apply to any online orders, even tools. Ended up going through HD online. Maybe I'm gonna have to get a hold of CS and see whats up.. Thanks for the info.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #17  
Well after reading this I went to the HD website and signed up to get my QR code. After reading all the new exclusions/excluded items that used to get the military discount when you showed your card at checkout, I am beyond disappointed. No longer my go to store. They have lost a lot of my business as a veteran as they degraded the program in a major way but glammed it up to make folks think it is something better. It is not.:mad:
The veteran discount has not been expanded in any way other than it is now available on line. It has been shrunk in every other way. Got on line ordering for a limited list of stuff and lose everything else. Not my cup of tea. No Thanks!!

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #18  
Lowe's just announced many restrictions on 10% veterans discount.

/ Home Depot veteran discount expanded. #20  
Not sure if this is a change or not ....

The Military Discount can only be applied to eligible purchases. It applies to most full-price products.

It cannot be used on any sale item or with any other discount (such as, but not limited to, Lowe’s Price Promise, Lowe’s Credit 5% off Everyday Discount, volume or special pricing programs, and manager discretion price adjustments). It cannot be applied to major appliances (including related accessories and parts), commodities (such as, but not limited to, electrical cable, electrical wire, dimensional lumber, plywood, and OSB), gift cards, previous purchases, fees, installations (sold separately or as part of a bundle comprising both product and services), or any other services (such as, but not limited to, rentals, labor, delivery, shipping, extended protection plans).
Additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.