Homemade equipment

/ Homemade equipment #1  

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
I have several vidz.of various equipment in action posted on this page!

SONNYREESE's Channel - YouTube

Over the past few years I have made 4 three point hitch plows,(3 one bottom units 1- 6" bottom,--1 10" bottom and the 1 bottom hi-clear unit, and a 2 bottom unit), also a 3-pt hitch for a regular sized cub tractor plus a half dozen implements to use on it or any small low hp 3-pt tractor! Also have a big 4-shank ripper in progress ! have more ideas of stuff that I need to make
Also have made a lay-down garden creeper, and currently working on a steel tracked--hydro drive creeper for use in my gardens!---this is just a sample of what I do to help my be able to continue to garden,--had to rent the farm out due to physical problems and I wolt sit down and quit, so the gardens and equipment keeps me going! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

PS if I have posted this in the wrong place please move it for me! thanks!

/ Homemade equipment #2  
I enjoyed your videos. It looks like you are smack dab in the middle of a wind farm. I was on a 15,000 acre farm (we don't have many of those in S. IL.!) up by Lincoln last year and you can't help but notice all the windmills up in that area. I regularly see semi's on Rt24 and Rt57 hauling the blades...I bet most people don't realize how big those windmills are. The first time you see one of the blades behind a semi, it takes you a minute to figure out what in the world it is, they have to be 100' long and massive in every aspect.

/ Homemade equipment
The blades on the ones in this windfarm are 125 feet each and the towers are 260 feet tall and the total tip height is 500 feet when they are running. There are 240 turbines in this farm and we live smack dab in the middle. They are massive -- we have pictures of the build stage from foundation hole to last blade install. Also, my wife took pictures of me standing by the parts as they sat on the ground before being put together. thanks;sonny

/ Homemade equipment #4  
Those are some pretty neat vids. I like the cub stuff, I hope to buy one someday.....