Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX

/ Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX #22  
Thanks! Would be nice challenge to rig up a dust pan.
On the dust pan side of things, what if you used a pulley/belt to drive the brushes , made the front wheels the same size as the current pulley and made them freewheel? Then the front wheels could do the job currently done by the pulley, the brooms would spin in the right direction to sweep into the bucket and you could also use it as a leaf sweeper.
Would just need to make sure that the brushes spun significantly faster than your groundspeed.

Aaron Z

/ Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX
On the dust pan side of things, what if you used a pulley/belt to drive the brushes , made the front wheels the same size as the current pulley and made them freewheel? Then the front wheels could do the job currently done by the pulley, the brooms would spin in the right direction to sweep into the bucket and you could also use it as a leaf sweeper.
Would just need to make sure that the brushes spun significantly faster than your groundspeed.

Aaron Z

Would love to see someone try that Aaron :) These ideas are the ultimate fun

/ Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX #24  
I might have missed this in the video, but why did you use the zip ties instead of putting another pair of screws in the middle of the brooms?

Aaron Z

/ Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX
I might have missed this in the video, but why did you use the zip ties instead of putting another pair of screws in the middle of the brooms?

Aaron Z

My original thought was to use short screws to provide initial support and prevent sliding while assembling the brushes. After that I was going to use three plastic ties on each set of 4 brushes to do the real holding. Changed my mind and went with longer screws and one tie for each set of brushes. I was looking ahead to the possibility of changing the brushes with ones with longer bristles. The bristles shown in the video are 3 inches long and each brush cost about $8 - I had a source for brushes with 3-1/2 inches long bristles but they cost about $20 each. Anyway the present brushes working good so will likely stick with them. If I had gone with ties only, changing the brushes would have been easy and I wouldn't have a lot of large screw holes left in the brushes and mounting blocks. So as it exists now the ties are providing backup for the screws.

/ Homemade rotary broom on Kubota BX #26  
Looks great! Can't help but think your voice in the video reminds me of someone though...

trailer-park-boys-bubbles.jpg