Honey Locust Tree

/ Honey Locust Tree #51  
Well - who could of guessed.

I got a flat in my front tire.

Plugged the hole. But - it still very slowly looses air. It goes from 20 psi to 15 psi over 8 days.

I cannot find where it’s leaking. I took the tire off, washed it completely, fully dried and then sprayed the whole thing looking for leaks. Can’t see one air bubble. I even sprayed the rims snd stem.

I guess filling it each time I use it can work - but I’d like to find the leak.

Any suggestions?

MoKelly
Ever thought about foaming the tires fore weight? No leaks anymore, I heard.

/ Honey Locust Tree
The folks in the PowerTrac forum highly recommend Gempler's tire sealant. Might want to ask over there and see how they like it.

On all their products, Gempler says it’s designed for prevention - not to repair existing leaks.

Not sure what that means.

MoKelly

/ Honey Locust Tree #54  
The folks in the PowerTrac forum highly recommend Gempler's tire sealant. Might want to ask over there and see how they like it.
Folks at tire repair shops don't think much of any brand sealant.

/ Honey Locust Tree #55  
U.S. champion honey locust tree is 103' tall, 112' crown spread, and 247" circumference! Yikes! That's about a 6.5' diameter. Freak? Probably, but wow.

Ironic there's a cemetery adjacent to it. Maybe those folks tried to climb the tree then paid the price!? 🧗‍♂️

/ Honey Locust Tree #56  
Folks at tire repair shops don't think much of any brand sealant.
They should have held out for management jobs.

But seriously, tire sealant is a necessity where I take my machine.

/ Honey Locust Tree
I filled the tire up yesterday and mowed for around 3 hours. Put everything away and went inside.

Today I measured the pressure and it went down only 1psi.

At that rate, I’m just going to let it be and fill the tire every 5-6 days.

I don’t want to use the slime or anything inside the tire quite yet as, like some have said, tire places hate it and if I get a larger leak my tire place is pretty good and cheap.

One of my mowers has a slow leak and I just fill the tire before each use. Sort of red neck I know but it works.

MoKelly

/ Honey Locust Tree #58  
Well - who could of guessed.

I got a flat in my front tire.

Plugged the hole. But - it still very slowly looses air. It goes from 20 psi to 15 psi over 8 days.

I cannot find where it’s leaking. I took the tire off, washed it completely, fully dried and then sprayed the whole thing looking for leaks. Can’t see one air bubble. I even sprayed the rims snd stem.

I guess filling it each time I use it can work - but I’d like to find the leak.

Any suggestions?

MoKelly
Not sure what size your fronts are? If 16" or less, slime it and move on.

/ Honey Locust Tree #59  
I filled the tire up yesterday and mowed for around 3 hours. Put everything away and went inside.

Today I measured the pressure and it went down only 1psi.

At that rate, I’m just going to let it be and fill the tire every 5-6 days.

I don’t want to use the slime or anything inside the tire quite yet as, like some have said, tire places hate it and if I get a larger leak my tire place is pretty good and cheap.

One of my mowers has a slow leak and I just fill the tire before each use. Sort of red neck I know but it works.

MoKelly
Sorry, I should have read down.

If it doesn't bother you to have to air up a tire once a week, go for it.

/ Honey Locust Tree
Yesterday was a very nice day - full sun and great temps. I mowed a little with the tractor. Came back to the garage and washed it off a tad.

While I was cleaning a few places with windex, I decided to try to find the slow leak in the front left tire.

Well I found it. A very very slight bubbling of air right in the middle of the tread. The sunlight was perfect to see the few bubbles.

So, I plugged it. No air bubbles after the plug was in.

There could be another leak somewhere but I’m feeling optimistic.

We will see if I lose any air pressure next time I’m at the farm.

MoKelly