Hooking up the cutter.

/ Hooking up the cutter. #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
In getting things organized, I purchased a LandPride 2512 cutter. It is a pull-behind. Hooks to the drawbar with a hitch pin.

My thinking is that it will work well with our 70 HP tractor in thick grass and also work well with our 57 HP tractor to cut the grass around the house.

I tried to hook it up to the L5740 today and ran into a small problem:

Hitch hole in the 2512 = 1 1/32"
Hitch Pin = 1"
Hitch hole in drawbar of L5740 = 31/32"

I need to either use a thinner hitch pin or open the drawbar hole. I figure taking the drawbar to a machine shop and getting it opened 1/8" would be simplest and best.

Does that sound reasonable or would this group recommend simply using a smaller hitch pin?

For reference, the drawbar hole in the M7060 measures 1 9/32"

Thanks.

/ Hooking up the cutter. #2  
In getting things organized, I purchased a LandPride 2512 cutter. It is a pull-behind. Hooks to the drawbar with a hitch pin.

My thinking is that it will work well with our 70 HP tractor in thick grass and also work well with our 57 HP tractor to cut the grass around the house.

I tried to hook it up to the L5740 today and ran into a small problem:

Hitch hole in the 2512 = 1 1/32"
Hitch Pin = 1"
Hitch hole in drawbar of L5740 = 31/32"

I need to either use a thinner hitch pin or open the drawbar hole. I figure taking the drawbar to a machine shop and getting it opened 1/8" would be simplest and best.

Does that sound reasonable or would this group recommend simply using a smaller hitch pin?

For reference, the drawbar hole in the M7060 measures 1 9/32"

Thanks.

Just drop a 7/8" pin or bolt with a lock nut in it and carry on with the plans and never worry about again.

/ Hooking up the cutter. #3  
+1 use 7/8 and don’t look back.

My 4440 has a big hole for the hitch pin. Some of my implements have holes just over half the size. I use those sized pins without issue.

/ Hooking up the cutter.
Such an easy solution.

Thanks, very much.