Hooks on FEL Bucket

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #31  
I just switch to my forks if I have to chain something to the FEL. A lot safer for me and I wont tweak the bucket any more than it already is plus I have a dozen different spots to hook to.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #32  
Just remember when "shopping" for Bolt-On or Weld-On hooks, we have the ONLY forged in the USA ones available.

Thanks for the support (y)

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #33  
Havent yet and been doing it for 40 years
Your environment is not as rough as it is here. I put a hole in the center and put a hitch ball so we could use a gooseneck trailer in a chicken house. Never thought they would tie a chain on it. Bucket is bent.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #34  
Bobcat came with slots that fit a chain nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 231
   / Hooks on FEL Bucket #35  
Very cool Doughknob, first time I’ve seen slots like that!

Mike

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #37  
Mu Kiotii came with holes already in the bucket. I have a welder but Im not good enough at it yet so I use this, one set on each side of the bucket. Works great. If anyone is interested here is a link to the carabiner. Plenty strong enough
  • Locking system: SCREW LOCK
  • Gate opening: 1.22" (31mm)
  • Major Axis Strength: 8992 lbs. (40 kN)
  • Minor Axis Strength: 3597 lbs. (16 kN)
  • Open Gate Strength: 2473 lbs. (11 kN)

Attachments

• bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
   / Hooks on FEL Bucket #38  
Mu Kiotii came with holes already in the bucket. I have a welder but Im not good enough at it yet so I use this, one set on each side of the bucket. Works great. If anyone is interested here is a link to the carabiner. Plenty strong enough
  • Locking system: SCREW LOCK
  • Gate opening: 1.22" (31mm)
  • Major Axis Strength: 8992 lbs. (40 kN)
  • Minor Axis Strength: 3597 lbs. (16 kN)
  • Open Gate Strength: 2473 lbs. (11 kN)

Carabiners are generally not for hoisting or lifting. Not near the safety factor. Some Okay for for personal fall protection.
Done my share of down on the farm rigging before learning the importance the right way and right equipment.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #39  
It was when I was trying to figure out what tractor to get, what add-ons, implements, etc., that I discovered TbN, and asked for advice.

Then, based on what the TbN members advised, I had a list. On that list - bucket hooks. The dealer welded three on the bucket. Used countless times since.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #40  
I have three hooks. always have always will. Hooks on the side for light work.
hook in the center for HEAVY work. It doesn't do the mechanism any good to reef the heck out of one side.... plus you can get your tractor airborne.
Welded on or bolted on, is the best. I see the guy with the grab hook attached to a hole with some hot link or shackle. I know it works, but it's a bit awkward. Buddyamine did that to a small tractor and it's kind of a pain in the butt compared to a fixed sold mount.
I use two hooks in line with the lift arms, but never lift with just one. Fasten chain to each hook and connect in the center of the bucket. The lift chain drapes in the center of the bucket to maintain balance when lifting, but the stronger sides of the bucket support the weight evenly.