Hot hot hot

/ Hot hot hot #51  
This is what I meant when I cited officials who won't do their jobs and it got a couple of homers' panties in a knot.

It's everywhere. In Florida, before Hurricane Andrew hit, code enforcement was more wishful thinking than anything. More in some areas than others. Billy the Code Inspector would come onto the New-Construction jobsite, shake hands with his cuz John and sign the plans on the board and pick his 'gratuity' up later on.

I went over there right after Andrew hit. Homestead more than Miami. But you could see areas that were wiped off the Earth and right across the street, the homes had their roofs on, they were still standing, very little structural damage at all. Maybe a pool enclosure was down here and there (another topic for another time comes to mind) but all in all, very good condition. Know why? Only if I tell you why.

Because they were in Communities that were built out by One Company; Toll Brothers, Pulte, even Lennar. A Company with on-site Supervisors that made sure codes were followed and construction guidleines were adhered to. They stood the test.

On the other side of the street where mostly Spec or even Custom Homes were built, where the home-buyer had only the City or Country Inspectors to rely on -- Flat as a pancake.

So the State Insurance Department started rating areas for Building Code Compliance. Like they rate for Fire Departments. Yes, Virginia. They grade Fire Departments.

The areas that got the lowest grades, thereby upping Insurance costs by as much 150% were..... You'll never guess in a Million years. But if you said, 'Big Cities' please see the Site Administrators for your prize.

It's almost always the same people causing most of the grief that the rest of us have to pay the price for. Big goobermint that is too crooked to do their jobs, Big Cities that are too corrupt to care.

After a while you might start to think that big goobermint could possibly, maybe, just a thought, might have some criminal elements to it.

nah
you make my point. the government is the worst employer on the planet....imho. the structure of govt employment breeds this kind of behavior.

and the employees are virtually bulletproof

good point about production builders vs spec/custom builders, i worked for pulte....for maybe 10 weeks

/ Hot hot hot #53  
^ Yeah I saw that. That sucks. Who in their right mind is still allowing discharge of PFAS/PFOS foams ?!?!? Permanent groundwater pollution. The foam may not have reached the river, but the PFOA will eventually, mark my words. If it hit soil, it's in the ground.

/ Hot hot hot
^ Yeah I saw that. That sucks. Who in their right mind is still allowing discharge of PFAS/PFOS foams ?!?!? Permanent groundwater pollution. The foam may not have reached the river, but the PFOA will eventually, mark my words. If it hit soil, it's in the ground.

Being somewhat a bit north of the Chemtool location and on the opposite side of the Rock River, it may be a blessing with our wells at the stateline. The Rock River flows south for the most part. However, it does feed that Pecatonica River in the town of Rockton. That would be a big concern for irrigation of those farms going westward. Wonder about a fishing ban in the region too. hmmmm

/ Hot hot hot #55  
A Good Ol' Boy blowin' smoke is a threat to humanity but a Union Shop polluting the aquifer with deadly poisons?

Nothing to see here. Move along.

/ Hot hot hot #56  
The Madison WI lakes feed into the Yahara river and all have PFAS warnings for eating fish. The Yahara feeds into the Rock river and goes down to you. Yes, it all sucks.

/ Hot hot hot #57  
The Madison WI lakes feed into the Yahara river and all have PFAS warnings for eating fish. The Yahara feeds into the Rock river and goes down to you. Yes, it all sucks.
Though officially the PFAS source in Madison isn't identified, there were many many fire fighting events at the airport using PFAS foam over the years. Given the lack of a fluorochemical industry in Madison, it is hard to imagine where else enough PFAS to contaminate the Yahara river that heavily came from.

I think that the Yahara river PFAS contamination issue may have raised sensitivities toward PFAS in the Rock river, to which the Yahara is a tributary. This might explain the Chemtool fire fighting strategy. Just guessing here.

PFAS are called "forever chemicals" for a reason. There is almost no route to degradation in the environment, or humans.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Hot hot hot #58  
Yesterday - starting around midnight and again around 7 am we had two REAL cloud bursts. All tolled we got 0.47" of rain. That's a whole lot of rain for one day in these parts.

/ Hot hot hot
Yesterday - starting around midnight and again around 7 am we had two REAL cloud bursts. All tolled we got 0.47" of rain. That's a whole lot of rain for one day in these parts.

Should the Chemtool plume get mixed in with a chain of T-storms, toxins will abound.

/ Hot hot hot #60  
Yup, that’s one way to beat the heat!

F2EACA37-B0E9-4C9C-B339-B2FC77950527.jpeg