House Build 2023

/ House Build 2023
I mow with a Spartan 72" zero turn... That does not cut very well... I also have a 60" mid mount deck for my 1025R that I use occasionally, and my wife will also use it to help from time to time. We have right at 11-1/2 acres and probably mow around 9 of that. The rest is trees and pond.

/ House Build 2023 #342  
That's a lot of mowing!!!!!!!

Nice that your wife helps. Mine just got a riding mower to help me, but she doesn't put fuel in it, she doesn't fix it when it's broken, and the second she has a problem, like mowing a hose and getting it stuck in the blades, I have to stop what I'm doing to fix it.

But it's nice that she tries, and in the grand scheme of things, we do get it all done sooner with her help.

/ House Build 2023 #343  
That's a lot of mowing!!!!!!!

Nice that your wife helps. Mine just got a riding mower to help me, but she doesn't put fuel in it, she doesn't fix it when it's broken, and the second she has a problem, like mowing a hose and getting it stuck in the blades, I have to stop what I'm doing to fix it.

But it's nice that she tries, and in the grand scheme of things, we do get it all done sooner with her help.
Eddie,
I suffer the same issues with my daughter. Nothing in her path is safe. The other week, she nearly knocked the A/C unit off its pad and the other day she mowed the whole yard with a flat tire. I can't believe it didn't ruin the tire. But it had grass between the bead and the rim and grass in the tire, so I had to unseat it to get it all cleaned and re-seated.

Last year, she left a spiraling trail of hydraulic fluid. That one cost me $30 to mow the lawn, plus 6 gallons of Kubota Super UDT hydraulic oil.

Tractor leak.jpg

/ House Build 2023 #344  
I have to admit to doing something even worse with a tire. One of the rear tires of my zero turn started to feel like it was going flat on me while I was mowing. I hit it with my hand and it felt like I could keep going, but I knew I had an issue. I didn't have a lot left to mow, so I kept mowing.

When I was done, I realized that my lug nuts had become loose, and three out of the five had fallen off. Since I kept mowing, I rounded out the holes and destroyed the rim. The new rim from Scag cost me $200, and half a day running around to find a guy that installs tires on mower rims for $20.

/ House Build 2023 #345  
I mow with a Spartan 72" zero turn... That does not cut very well... I also have a 60" mid mount deck for my 1025R that I use occasionally, and my wife will also use it to help from time to time. We have right at 11-1/2 acres and probably mow around 9 of that. The rest is trees and pond.
That's a bunch! I thought mine was a lot, with 10 acres of lot and 7 acres mowed. I also use a 72" zero-turn. A Bad Boy Rogue. I think it cuts pretty decently unless it is peak dandelion season. Sure faster than when I used to mow it with my x758 and 60" deck.