House Build

/ House Build
Nothing will be as fast and efficient as a pumper, and making your own auger system seems ridiculously time consuming for this one project. But what about a tractor bucket? Do you have a fairly large tractor where you could make trip after trip from the truck to the forms? Might work for footings, but not for slabs. The finishers wouldn't like it, the reach is very limited and it will be slower, but it meets your goal of no pump.

580C backhoe with a over sized bucket, extendahoe on the rear is parked on site. I think I might get some crusher run and just build a road up to the footers. Then pumper for the icf when that time comes from the back side. The floor she's not sure on cause of a root cellar.

Can always remove the road later as well.

/ House Build #12  
I hired a pumper three times over the last six months. Two different companies. $475 once. $575 the next two. Cheapest worker on the site. More than pays for itself in gained efficiency.

Hate it for you that they are so much higher there. You'll spend $1000 real quick trying to manually move your comcrete.

/ House Build #13  
a large bucket on a front end loader,
or even a small dump truck,
and in the good old days, they had these things called wheelbarrows, (pushed one of them around alot when I was a young, pouring floors and footers), have a smooth path and get a few strong kids, (16 to 30), and let them move it for you, (even a few lawn mowers and those garden carts that dump, "Steel Trailer Dump Cart"),

I use my dump cart to haul old concrete, wet concrete, and a lot of other things, that least an old guy can more a lot of heavy things reasonably fast,

and they make motorized wheelbarrows, look up "muck truck", i use mine all the time, (now I made mine out of a old lawn tractor and a power washer engine, (but looks like a muck truck, and will climb stairs, with a good load if needed,
grand son runs it all over the farm, (I made it to pour concrete in a old shed 50 feet deep by 16 foot, wide, and it will go through a 36 inch door,

/ House Build
Yeah, those carts are pretty slick. Have to figure it out this summer, engineer is willing to look at the site to see what options we have. He did call around and the average cost of a pumper is 900 an hour plus fuel and additional yard tax ($15 per yard poured). A lot cheaper and some of the people I already called.. We will need the pumper two times, footers and mid slab, then ICF walls. The time involved will be the trucks as the house is about an hour and half from a ready mix plant.