How cold was it?

/ How cold was it? #1  

oldtimer 66

Gold Member
Tractor
I took this picture this morning at 6:15 AM at the intersection of Rt. 89 and Rt. 430 in PA. It was in the parking lot of the Colt Station Restaurant. When I pulled in it was -35 degrees F. It took me a couple of tries to get the picture focused and then the temperature went up to - 32. So that is what is in the photo. I renamed the restaurant the "Cold" Station Restaurant. LOL. Later.

/ How cold was it?
20150216_061200.jpgpicture does not want to load for what ever reason maybe tomorrow

Last edited:
   / How cold was it? #3  
Only -11 here, not that bad though. My nose hairs didn't even freeze when I walked from the car into work this morning:)

/ How cold was it? #4  
1*F felt warm this morning without the wind blowing.

/ How cold was it? #5  
Lord - you guys are really being slammed by the snow storms then the cold. Yesterday was the first day in over a couple weeks when its been below freezing in the morning here - it was 29.

I've been hoping for some more snow but not that bitter cold. Been here 33 years and the coldest I can remember is right at -20 F. And I see by the news that there may be another storm on its way either today or tomorrow.

I see pics of guys clearing sidewalks with snowblowers - it looks like they are creating tunnels.

You folks be safe & stay warm.

/ How cold was it? #6  
Well, it has warmed up to a balmy -9 Fahrenheit degrees here in Toronto this morning, but a couple of days ago just north of the city it was -40 with the Wind Chill! Stayed indoors that day.

/ How cold was it? #7  
Yesterday morning when I went out to start the tractor it was a balmy -38F. By the time I had finished blowing the snow it was warmer, -36F. I love my heated cab.
Today it was -2F at 6:30 A.M.

Last edited:
   / How cold was it? #8  
OK after reading this maybe I'll stop complaining about the 0*F forecast for Friday morning here. It will be a record cold by more than 10 degrees, and the lowest local temp in many years, probably 10-15 years.

/ How cold was it? #9  
It was so cold I had to warm my coffee up just to be able to cut it into cubes.

It was so cold the dogs were stuck to the fire hydrants.

It was so cold that the words would freeze in your mouth. One lady kept jabbering so much they had to call the paramedics because she nearly choked to death on her own conversation.

/ How cold was it? #10  
Got down to 50 last night. (That's +50F) Kept thinking there was a window open. Even thought about starting a fire! (In the stove, of course.) By the end of the week the highs should lower to 62 or so. CA weather is so *boring*. :)