how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #11  
Even if your ground is pure beach sand you would not be able to get a subsoiler to go 36" deep.For pespective, to plow in a line 36" deep you would need a Vermeer RTX750, its a 6000lb 75hp trencher / plow.

Most drillers I know will dig a line with with a mini excavator or a backhoe. Generally whatever the depth of the underground discharge is the depth the line is going to the house. You do not want to have to deal with frozen well lines. They suck!

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #12  
Even if your ground is pure beach sand you would not be able to get a subsoiler to go 36" deep.For pespective, to plow in a line 36" deep you would need a Vermeer RTX750, its a 6000lb 75hp trencher / plow.

Most drillers I know will dig a line with with a mini excavator or a backhoe. Generally whatever the depth of the underground discharge is the depth the line is going to the house. You do not want to have to deal with frozen well lines. They suck!

Isn't 36" a little shallow for central Idaho? I'd ask the closest water utility in some small local town how deep they require homeowners to bury the water lines from the town supply to a new house construction and go with that depth.

The bad news here is that nothing you can pull with that tractor is going to help bury that line. The good news is that you will find so many uses for that tractor with a FEL and BH that you won't miss this one project.
My advice is to call a local backhoe guy. He will be done digging in a few hours if you do it now before it freezes, and you can use your tractor to backfill and all the other thousands of chores we all do.
rScotty

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #13  
In Wisconsin the water lines were down 6 foot
I would put Styrofoam over it if not down at least
5 feet if you don't the frost line will get it. Putting
tar paper or felt covering at the 3 foot level might
stop the frost. I have seen frozen sewer lines deeper
than 7 foot. Having to dig up a sewer line in the winter
time SUCKS BIG TIME! Water lines the same!
Just ask them what the frost line is will give you
a good idea how deep to go.

willy

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #14  
In Wisconsin the water lines were down 6 foot I would put Styrofoam over it if not down at least 5 feet if you don't the frost line will get it. Putting
tar paper or felt covering at the 3 foot level might stop the frost. I have seen frozen sewer lines deeper than 7 foot.

willy

Minnesota requires the underground discharge to be 6' deep, I think Wisconsin did also. We always ran them 6' down, to under the foundation which was normally 8' as we did not like making holes through the wall, and preferred to bring the line up in the basement. We used full sized backhoes so depth was not a problem, or contracted for a directional boring machine to do the work if it was an existing construction.

However I was surprised when I looked at this chart and saw that central Idaho was 30-40" frost.

But I know many of the wells in Ohio, which is in the same 30-40" frost depth have their pipes at 6'. Either way a subsoiler will not work.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610
county says frost line is 24" for my specific location... granted i'm in "low elevation" [relative], but still i agree that seems really high - so i came up with 36" simply from the available subsoilers ... which as pointed out here, are not at all possible with my rig.

I have some other work a trencher would be fast for, so it sounds like I'll just be renting one of those in the near future. That will also let me go 48", which sounds a LOT safer to me than 24...

At least I can push the dirt back in with the FEL :)

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #16  
Bottom line is, your little tractor don't have the arse anyway. Go rent a trencher and be happy. 1/2 day job at most.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #17  
Either use your backhoe or rent a trencher. The subsoiler has no chance of working.

Last edited:
   / how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #18  
Central Id. Well - around here in NE WA the recommended burial depth is four feet. Mine is buried six feet with sheet styrofoam down the entire ditch line.

The ditch work was completed with a dedicated backhoe.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #19  
At least on this part of WA- unincorporated Spokane County at ~3400’ elevation, I was required to bury my lines 18” below frost depth (24” around here). So 42”. I trenched ( with a construction backhoe) to a minimum of 48”. Knock on wood- no line freeze so far.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #20  
This sounds like a good time for you to.get to know your backhoe.