How do I make it easier on my knee?

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #1  

CajunRider

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45
My Kioti 45 clutch is killing me. The spring is so hard it causes a lot of stress on my knee. After only a couple of hours, I am shot. I am looking for a way to make it a bit easier to press on that pedal.

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #2  
Can the angle of the leverage be changed? or a hydraulic clutch or a higher seat try a cushion and see if that helps ya

:)

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #3  
Been there too. Finally went to a hydrostatic transmission--no more knee pain.

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #4  
1 legged Dumbbell Calf Raise, Sadly I know all to well you knee hurts from running not the clutch on your tractor

/ How do I make it easier on my knee?
Oh boy you know me too well. I stiff legged the latter 1/2 of the Boston marathon in 2005 and my knee is never the same. The price one pays to get one of those finishing medals.

Still that clutch is way too hard. I am hoping to change the spring or some thing to lessen the resistance.

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #6  
I raced motorcycles for a number of years (in a prior life), and we would add a pivot cam to the clutch mechanism to significantly reduce "finger fatigue" from clutching throughout a race. Think of it much like the way that a pully/cam assembly on a compound bow toggles over to reduce the hold pressure when shooting. Not sure how to apply this to your tractor, but it may give you some food for thought.

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #7  
Sounds like a great reason to upgrade to HST.

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #8  
I had an RX-7 with a hydraulic clutch that worked about like unassisted hydraulic brakes on other cars. I am not familiar with the tractor, or your mechanical abilities, but can you rig something to work like that?

/ How do I make it easier on my knee? #10  
add this to the list of why i like my HST