How do you open canning jars?

/ How do you open canning jars? #71  
While growing up my mother wouldn't allow us in the kitchen when she was using hers. She could cite some instance where somebody was cooking with one and it blew up... of course she can find a reason to not do just about anything because "I heard of somebody who..."

/ How do you open canning jars? #72  
I prefer canned veggies over most frozen, especially green beans. Green beans and tomatoes is about all we can.

Instapot has a large following in other tbn threads. Think one guy uses about 4 of them.

/ How do you open canning jars? #73  
Just dropped off a couple jars of pickles to my elderly parents. Thought about this thread and made sure the rings were loose before I left.;)

/ How do you open canning jars? #74  
While growing up my mother wouldn't allow us in the kitchen when she was using hers. She could cite some instance where somebody was cooking with one and it blew up... of course she can find a reason to not do just about anything because "I heard of somebody who..."

Heck, that sounds like a good way to keep everyone out of the kitchen when I am cooking :thumbsup:
I have had as many as 20 people in my kitchen while I cook, plus a few dogs :shocked: I do not mind, but it gets a little hard to get cupboards open, etc. most of the time it is just a few.

/ How do you open canning jars? #75  
While growing up my mother wouldn't allow us in the kitchen when she was using hers.
As a little kid in the 50's I recall Mom had some scary experiences with her pressure cooker, including blowing out the safety plug and food spewing out like a scalding volcano. Their reputation was justified.

Instant Pot, in contrast, limits the variables that could go wrong.

/ How do you open canning jars? #76  
As a little kid in the 50's I recall Mom had some scary experiences with her pressure cooker, including blowing out the safety plug and food spewing out like a scalding volcano. Their reputation was justified.

Instant Pot, in contrast, limits the variables that could go wrong.
Those must be the stories that my mother heard, and repeated 10 years later. There's something about hearing that weight sizzling as the steam excaped which still can make my mouth start watering, thinking of the pot roast we'd be having for supper. :licking:

/ How do you open canning jars? #77  
Heck, that sounds like a good way to keep everyone out of the kitchen when I am cooking :thumbsup:
I have had as many as 20 people in my kitchen while I cook, plus a few dogs :shocked: I do not mind, but it gets a little hard to get cupboards open, etc. most of the time it is just a few.

We've got a two-butt kitchen on a good day. Three is too many. :laughing: