How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #371  
Chain Storage?? :eek:
Are you talking about my "Extra Front End Weight" ??

Snow%2020167_zpsarushhih.jpg

That chain weighs half as much as one of those weights,,, :thumbsup:

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #372  
I can't get on my tractor from the right side anyway so I built this chain holder. It is bolted to the loader frame, the rear fender, and step.20180121_162231.jpeg

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #373  
I can't get on my tractor from the right side anyway so I built this chain holder. It is bolted to the loader frame, the rear fender, and step.View attachment 633693

I think those chains swinging and banging on the tractor would cause problems . I made brackets and bolted on an ammo box where the left side step would be.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #375  
I have a Titan ballast box mostly filled with concrete, but with a few inches of space at the top. My chain and some hooks live there. But I haven't had it for long so not sure how well it will work out over the years.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #377  
I had seen this idea posted on this site before, PVC pipe fashioned to carry chain. I liked the idea, so I modified it to suit my needs. I have a BX25, a small tractor, and while I may not have a use for the amount of logging chain as some, I quickly realized the use for chain in most any hauling chores with this little tractor.
I fastened it to the FEL post. There is a small hole already there that I used. Since I have a cap on mine, I did not drill drainage holes in the bottom cap of the PVC pipe. I keep 3 small chains in one of the pipes, gloves, a 25' tape, and a roll of flagging tape in the other.
On my rear blade, I made a small one to carry a small level and a wrench.
I really like this forum and I get a lot of ideas. I appreciate everyone's advise and expertise.

Our B2320 has similar holes in the loader mounts but I wasn't sure how to get mine mounted without having to take the loader off to get access, and that sure seems like a lot of trouble for the outcome, so I have to ask, was that how you got the bolt into yours?
Or was there some other method you used??

Thanks,
Thomas[/QUOTE]

Thomas,

The hole(s) in my support arms of the FEL of my BX25 were already there, and very easy to get at. I did not have to remove anything. In the pictures I attached, I tried to show how I attached the PVC pipe. There was only one hole on each side. If you can't make out how I attached mine, send a reply and I will post a more detailed picture or pictures of what I did.

Mike
[/QUOTE]
I need to see how you attached them please.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #378  
I bought this grill guard and the chain bucket. The chain bucket holds a 20’ chain.

They also have other models.

Last edited:
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #379  
When I got this tractor it was missing the front cross brace for the Koyker loader so I incorporated this steel box to hold chains. works ok. Also it helps to have holes in the bottom for drainage...View attachment 304695

Wow almost ten years have passed, time flies, still working good for chains, also forms a rudimentary Grill guard and carries a hammer as well.
Never know when you might need a hammer.

Attachments

• PXL_20220529_230420634.jpg
    PXL_20220529_230420634.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
  • Rhino-picking up blow down trees 001.JPG
    Rhino-picking up blow down trees 001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
Last edited: