How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls?

/ How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls?
Thanks Golf...

Here is the link.

Kubota BX Series ROPS Lights LED Worklight Kits | ROPS Lights

That diagram helped. I only need the 3 lights to plug into a switch and then plug the switch into the plugs at the back of the tractor?
Do the black plugs not need to plug into the switch as well?

Any idea of what kind of switch I should get. I like the look of the ROPS one. I thought that 179.00 USD was a bit steep since the lights can be had for about 10-20 on amazon.

/ How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls? #32  
Here is another drawing. In this case, I show a box that the wires can all come into, and the switches can be mounted through the box and hook up to the wires in the box. Since you mentioned you'd like to be able to pull it off, that is what I did. Ran the wires into a box, velcro the box to the fender of the tractor. The wires from the back of the tractor to the box - I crimped on the same plug types that the tractor wire used and routed those short wire lengths to the box. Now I can unplug the wires from tractor and pull the box and lights right off for the summer.

You can wire all the lights to one switch if you want, or the two front lights to a switch separate from the back one, which is the way I show it in the diagram.

View attachment light switch.pdf

Golf...

PERFECT. Exactly what I would like :) Thank you so much.

How many watts can I have? An earlier post mentioned 120 watts. But if I used the 20 Amp does that give me more?
Is there a particular type of switch I should be looking for?

I was thinking these for the front, mounted vertically on the ROPS
KAWELL® 36W 6.6" CREE DC 9-32V 6000K 2520LM 60 Degree LED for ATV/Jeep/boat/suv/truck/car/atvs Driving light Off Road Waterproof Led Flood Work Light, Accessory Lighting & Kits - Amazon Canada

And this for the rear:
RioRand® 27W LED Flood Work Lamp Round Off Road Light High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 60 Degree: Amazon.ca: Automotive

That comes to a total of 99watts

Last edited:
   / How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls? #34  
Well, hopefully someone more expert will chime in to confirm, but here's what I understand. Given the earlier info is correct, and I believe it is, you have a 10amp and a 20 amp circuit to use back there. About all I know when it comes to this stuff is from Ohm's law, so using this version:

Amps x Volts = Watts

then the one connector supports up to 120 Watts (10 x 12 = 120), and the other up to 240 Watts (20 X 12 = 240).

That means either of the connectors will be more than fine with the lights you're looking at, with a total of 99W. I guess which you use will depend on if you want the lights to only be able to be switched on if the tractor ignition switch is on, or whether you want to be able to turn the lights on even with the tractor ignition off.

As far as switches, there are a plethora of styles, so you may just want to make a stop at a hardware store and browse them - as long as you choose a style that will support the voltage and current. Any switch that handles 12V or more (most any of them), and the current through it. If you put all three lights on one switch, you'd be drawing only 8.5 amps.

99W / 12V = 8.25

If you put the two front on one switch, and the back on a separate then

72W / 12V = 6 and 27W / 12V = 2.5

so, if you wanted the switches to be the same style you'd need to make sure they were 6 amp or more. You won't have any trouble finding switches to well exceed any of these limits.

Last edited:
Golf.. You have been a great help (others too:p)

So..... I think I have it.

Supplies

2 x switches for more than 10 amps each (gives me room)
1 x switch box
pig tail connectors x ??? (bunch)
Wiring (not sure what kind)
Flex tube (to go over wiring)

Lights below 120 watts or 240 watts depending on which I plug into.

Does this sound right?

/ How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls? #36  
Looks pretty good. You shouldn't need more than a few wire nuts to pigtail wires together. The other thing is that some say they used waterproof switches. I just used some cheap toggle switches.

For wire, just some multi-strand wire, think I used about 12 gauge, whatever was about the same as what came out of the tractor.

Good luck, and post some pictures! :thumbsup:

/ How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls? #37  
Here is my lighting thread as well.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/343738-fender-light-install.html

The under fender wiring had a female that my factory light kit plugged right into.

Underfender.jpg

Ok.. took the gamble and bought my lights. 3 of them, two mounted vertically on the ROPS, and one mounted horizontally pointing back.

KAWELL® 36W 7.5" DC 9-32V 6000K 2520LM 60 Degree Light LED for ATV/Jeep/boat/suv/truck/car/atvs light Off Road Waterproof Led Work Flood Beam Light Bar_cree light series_single color light_36W_LED LIGHT BAR_kawell

Now I'm on to switches.

12V 12A Car Boat ARB Waterproof Dual Blue LED Spot Light Rocker Switch SPST ON-OFF: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

That has a lot more posts than just the two wires I will have. Anyone know which posts I would connect too?

***Golf.. that link didn't work on my end***

Thanks

/ How do you wire the bx2670 for extra led lights.. need help pls? #39  
Picked up the supplies from NAPA today.

I went with similar ones that GOLF recommended. Just picked up the weatherproof top piece. I think those will be the easiest to use with gloves on.
I'm just waiting on my lights to arrive and then I'll start taking a pictures that show step by step.

Hopefully it will save some time and aggravation on everyones part :)