How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series?

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #1  

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
I own a JD 5075E with 1 rear hydraulic SCV. If I have my terminology correct, it also uses the "power beyond" to the mid-mount SCV that the FEL plugs into.
Don't know why I didn't opt for 2nd rear hydraulic SCV when I bought it, but am now considering an attachment (rear blade) that requires 1, 2 or maybe 3 SCV's for Angle, Tilt and Offset hydraulic cylinders.

Is it that hard for a novice to add the 2 SCV kit?
From looking at online parts diagrams and SCV #1, do you just take apart the (what-cha-call-it) assembly with the SCV #1 and slap another valve in there? They look "stackable".
What to look out for?
Seeking advise as I'd hate to get it apart and realize I'm over my head.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #2  
I am guessing you are looking second SCV kit LBV25771. Ask the service department of any JD dealer to print out the install instructions for you.
Read thru them and decide if you want to tackle the job. The only thing you may need is longer bolts than the kit supplies if your PB, (power beyond is on the end of the first SCV and the kit does not take this into account. The kit may include two sets of bolts or supply a part number for bolts used with power beyond. That's why I recommend getting the instructions first.

Look at your current SCV and see how much room you have to work. The instructions may say to remove the rear tire.

Attachments

• LVB25771.gif
    LVB25771.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 853
   / How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series?
It looks like there's enough room even without taking off the fender, but maybe easier if it was off. Hard to say if it's worth the time. 6 of one, 1/2 dozen the other. There's about a foot between the tire and fender. I

'll try to get the dealer to give the installation procedure. Do you think it's a matter of unbolting the scv/power beyond assembly and adding another scv in there with longer bolts to put it back together?

This is all new to me. I don't have a good concept of what that scv valve is, or how its internals allow multiple ones to stack together.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #4  
It looks like there's enough room even without taking off the fender, but maybe easier if it was off. Hard to say if it's worth the time. 6 of one, 1/2 dozen the other. There's about a foot between the tire and fender. I

'll try to get the dealer to give the installation procedure. Do you think it's a matter of unbolting the scv/power beyond assembly and adding another scv in there with longer bolts to put it back together?

This is all new to me. I don't have a good concept of what that scv valve is, or how its internals allow multiple ones to stack together.

With a foot between tire and fender, no need to remove the tire. Smaller tractors might require it.

How much room between the fender and current valve?

Dealer is able to print off install instructions in minutes, at least my dealer can. He might even be able to email them to you as pdf file. Instructions should have a time estimate for the install too. This will give the dealer an idea what to charge. You or I would take longer, since we do not do this every day. If you not sure of your abilities to install ask the dealer for a cost estimate.

Yes, to unbolt, add, longer bolts. There will be some o=rings between them.

SCV = Selective Control Valve. Basicly lets you select with direction to feed a hydraulic device (which hose to pressurize)

Internal passages match to next valve with o=rings in between to seal. Last valve will have either an end plate to seal passages or a PB (power beyond) to let you send hydraulic oil some where else (as in your mid valve for the loader).

Thanks Zebra5.
Adding a second certainly seems doable.

Now whether I need a 2nd depends on what features I want on the back blade and how lazy I feel.
As long as I'm at it I should check out a third SCV.
Is there another way instead of a 3rd, what's a splitter valve?

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #6  
A third SCV is not available on the 5075e. However, if you want to be able to control more than two functions from your seat, you can add power beyond and use a hand-held, electric-over-hydraulic control box combined with independent hydraulic valves for each of your back-blade's functions. The power beyond costs less than the third SCV too. I'll post a photo of the control box that controls the three functions on the stump grinder on my 5075e. It's powered from the cigarette lighter outlet. I think the cost of parts was about $800.[ ATTACH=CONFIG]405085[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 654
   / How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #7  
He may already have PB supplying the mid loader valve set.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #8  
That could be true. In fact, my dealer says Power Beyond is not available for the 5075e and that they had to order parts and build one for me.

Do you think power beyond comes standard at the mid-valve location and that's why it's not an available option? Mine has a loader that's hooked-up to the mid-valves, making them unavailable for anything else, I guess. Interestingly, one of the lines coming out the right side of the loader has a flow control valve. Might that indicate that it comes from a power beyond?

Either way, I think I'm all set, but it would be good for Coby to have more information about these things in order to come up with a good set-up for his back blade.

He may already have PB supplying the mid loader valve set.
-This is true.

I thought I saw a photo (either in a video or in the manual) showing the location of a 3rd SCV lever. I remember the lever itself was separated from the other two. Which made sense since the actual pin the lever swivels on only seem big enough for two levers.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #10  
You might have seen a photo of a third lever in the 5075M.

When I was tractor shopping, I almost went for a Massey 4608 because it came with two SCVs and a third was available as an option.

I just couldn't bring myself to stray from Deere and that's what inspired me to work with a third party engineer to come up with the control box we used.

It was also very helpful to have some input from TBN member "Tompet."