Tires how long did your factory tires last????

/ how long did your factory tires last???? #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
folks,
If you listen to a few folks on here... (they can come forward themselves)

I am experiencing tractor withdrawal...

looking at the worn tires.. asking about new air filters.

and now just wanting to know how long those factory tires last...
This is almost funny because I saw a thread JUST like this on another forum for a truck.....

anyway, attached are pics of one of my front tires....
of which I only have 2.. yeppers, I have a normal tractor and only have 2 front tires with no spares at all... (YOU KNOW WHO HAS SPARES!!! :laughing:)

anyway-- this is after 290 hours....

what do yall think????

J

Attachments

• DSCN0075.JPG
    DSCN0075.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 189
   / how long did your factory tires last???? #2  
Well, I have the R-4's on mine and I have about 465hrs and still half tread left.Mine doesn't see much road use. Mostly for yard mowing and a little work in the garden. I hope to get another 300 plus hrs on my stock tires.
Donny

/ how long did your factory tires last????
Well, I have the R-4's on mine and I have about 465hrs and still half tread left.Mine doesn't see much road use. Mostly for yard mowing and a little work in the garden. I hope to get another 300 plus hrs on my stock tires.
Donny

yeah-- I have 1/2 of my driveway paved..
and then lots of gravel...

it is so steep it is often left in 4x4 on the pavement....
I know that wears faster.. but I have skidded on the wet pavement in 2x4....

J

/ how long did your factory tires last???? #4  
yeah-- I have 1/2 of my driveway paved..
and then lots of gravel...

it is so steep it is often left in 4x4 on the pavement....
I know that wears faster.. but I have skidded on the wet pavement in 2x4....

J

Wow!! I have 250 hours on R-1s, none on pavement and a limited number on gravel. Any wear is minimal to the eye. Pavement and/or gravel sure has an effect on wear.

/ how long did your factory tires last???? #5  
My tires have taken quite a beating too. I have about half the hours you do, but I have a lot of washed out logging roads with sharp jutted rocks sticking out all over the place. It's not that the R-1's aren't "tough enough", it's because I am usually climbing some steep, muddy hills and she's biting the edges of the rocks trying to keep moving.

I expect that I will need new fronts by the time I see 300 hrs.

I don't see much pavement time.

Wow!! I have 250 hours on R-1s, none on pavement and a limited number on gravel. Any wear is minimal to the eye. Pavement and/or gravel sure has an effect on wear.

I would be interested to see a pic of those tires!

J

/ how long did your factory tires last???? #7  
Those pics are terrible! Use your phone for talking and a camera for tractor pictures! What do you use your tractor for? Mostly dirt, gravel, pavement, grass? Do you make alot of tight turns? Philip.

My tires have taken quite a beating too. I have about half the hours you do, but I have a lot of washed out logging roads with sharp jutted rocks sticking out all over the place. It's not that the R-1's aren't "tough enough", it's because I am usually climbing some steep, muddy hills and she's biting the edges of the rocks trying to keep moving.

I expect that I will need new fronts by the time I see 300 hrs.

I don't see much pavement time.

I hear ya... what did you think of the pics I posted?
J

Those pics are terrible! Use your phone for talking and a camera for tractor pictures! What do you use your tractor for? Mostly dirt, gravel, pavement, grass? Do you make alot of tight turns? Philip.

that was from my camera...

lots of tight turns, lots of gravel, some pavement.. some dirt, almost no grass....

Everything around home is steep.... I was worried about traction...

J

I'll go take another.....

J