How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #21  
I have a FB page for my business. It is a cheap way to advertise. I started an ad a few days ago, and I have already reached several thousand potential customers. And I can get somewhat specific on who sees my ad. The ad will run for a week and it will cost me $100. You can see my video here. Complete Turf Care - Complete Turf Care products and services | Facebook

I also have a personal FB page that I use to keep up with friends and family. I get the most 'likes' when I post a picture of me with my grandkids, and that's kind of fun.

I don't like all the political crap on FB and I mostly just ignore it. However, if you want to know how illiterate people are, just read the comments of a news article. It amazes me how most people posting on FB have no clue where to put a comma or a period, or even a question mark. And, no matter what the subject of a post is, the comments will ALWAYS become political. I could do without that.

Also, I joined a dementia support group on FB. My mom is in the later stages of dementia, and it's nice to share ideas and experiences with others who are dealing with the same issues.

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #22  
Deleted my Facebook years ago. Never was a Twit.

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #23  
This site is gaining 10,000 per hour. They believe in FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

https://gab.com/

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #24  
I have a Facebook account which I use solely for selling on Marketplace.

I use a pseudonym and post absolutely no social content.

IMG_1792.png

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #25  
I thought I would ask especially since the concern about privacy.
I only had a facebook account for the last 6 months mainly for the marketplace side but I deleted my account yesterday because of the other agenda it trys to throw at me.

I'm on FB, Twitter and Mewe. Really like FB much better except for their National Geographic take on nudity. Twitter and Mewe aren't near as useful as none of my cousins on FB are on them. Use Twitter mainly to get news that's better than what is on TV. Mewe is useful at times to see what is going on in various different areas but not too personal yet.

Ralph

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #26  
This site is gaining 10,000 per hour. They believe in FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Sadly, "freedom of speech" these days translates to the ability to preach hate and intolerance.

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #27  
I opened a MeWe account back in November. It takes awhile to get friends to move over. When FB switched to the new "romper room" layout I had a browser extension that would show me the old layout. Eventually FB kept fighting/blocking them so their extension wouldn't work correctly. I still think the new layout is horrible. I browse it mostly for marketplace and a few friends like the chat feature.

The extension is Facebook Purity and blocked all ads plus allowed you to customize how things are presented....not how FB wanted them. It's still up and running but too clunky now. They found a workaround through the mobile site that just doesn't work well for me.

Last edited:
   / How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #29  
I use FB for market place and I intend on keeping it for that but I never post outside of market place.

/ How many are deleting your Facebook accounts and going to MeWe #30  
I had a FB account years ago and it was a good way to catch up with people I hadn't seen in decades. After a while it got to be the same people posting what they had for supper, or else posting their opinions and if you don't agree with them you are crap. Funny how people show a different side online than when in person. One thing I could never understand is why people will post there that they aren't home. A cousin was constantly posting pics of her husband's tractor, bandsaw, and other toys... then would go online and post they are away for the weekend. For some people that's just like perusing the Sears catalog of old.

What I really find annoying is how many businesses use it for their internet platform... apparently only catering to people with active FB accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.