How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"?

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #111  
Of course they did we get it Ford is God :mischievous: ................MY ancedote is......my GM dealer came out to rescue me and my wife and then helped deliver our baby and then stayed and circumsised him , then drove us to Walmart to pick up diapers and then got us home , made supper for us and followed up by doing the dishes and balancing our cheque book. Then offered to cut our lawn with our Kubota . .......well at least thats how I remember it. :cool:

I've had decent luck the one or two times I've needed Ford's roadside assistance in the many, many years I've driven them. But there's no since posting about a positive experience when you'll only get idiotic replies like those noted above.
We get it. You hate Ford, your avatar shows it. You hate Diamondpilot. You have a miserable reply for every post he makes. He consistently outclasses you by not playing into it.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #112  
Of course they did we get it Ford is God :mischievous: ................MY ancedote is......my GM dealer came out to rescue me and my wife and then helped deliver our baby and then stayed and circumsised him , then drove us to Walmart to pick up diapers and then got us home , made supper for us and followed up by doing the dishes and balancing our cheque book. Then offered to cut our lawn with our Kubota . .......well at least thats how I remember it. :cool:

WOW! We all see what you are.

The time my F350 died I was on the interstate hauling a 16,000# boat 3 states away. It showed 1/3 of a tank and it took the idiot dealer 2 days to figure out it simply ran out of fuel due to the bad dash cluster/fuel gauge.

Either way when they came to tow the truck and they dumped the boat along the interstate. They sent a 1/2 ton to retrieve it and I said no way. I called back to the RSA number and they contacted the dealer who said for me to catch a ride with the roll back driver and they would have someone meet me. A salesman came in on a Sunday and gave me a Dually off the used lot to get it home with. He even followed me to the boat and helped me hitch up.

Yes, the dealer and RSA went above and beyond.

Chris

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #113  
I've had decent luck the one or two times I've needed Ford's roadside assistance in the many, many years I've driven them. But there's no since posting about a positive experience when you'll only get idiotic replies like those noted above.
We get it. You hate Ford, your avatar shows it. You hate Diamondpilot. You have a miserable reply for every post he makes. He consistently outclasses you by not playing into it.

But you see as posted by DP at 8:53 ......his Ford does breakdown........except that previous threads thru the past year he gives the impression that his Fords don't breakdown and just need regular maintenance .........so it is those antecdotal type stories and exaggerations and his hate for GM because he lost money due to some GM trouble (as per his comments) that makes that Ford fan type posts as laughable. So I add a sense of humour to it in the hopes we can have a even playing field ...as for my avatar that only was changed again to counter the lie about Ford not taking tax money.....mine tells what actually happened...again countering to level the playing field unfortunately the Ford fans won't like that and this post will get flamed while exaggerations still stand.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #114  
But you see as posted by DP at 8:53 ......his Ford does breakdown........except that previous threads thru the past year he gives the impression that his Fords don't breakdown and just need regular maintenance .........
He has told that story (or the gist of it) including the part about needing a new cluster several times.
Its not like this is a new revelation.

Aaron Z

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #115  
But you see as posted by DP at 8:53 ......his Ford does breakdown........except that previous threads thru the past year he gives the impression that his Fords don't breakdown and just need regular maintenance .........so it is those antecdotal type stories and exaggerations and his hate for GM because he lost money due to some GM trouble (as per his comments) that makes that Ford fan type posts as laughable. So I add a sense of humour to it in the hopes we can have a even playing field ...as for my avatar that only was changed again to counter the lie about Ford not taking tax money.....mine tells what actually happened...again countering to level the playing field unfortunately the Ford fans won't like that and this post will get flamed while exaggerations still stand.

Go back and read my post from the last 5 plus years and you will see me disclose any time I have an issue with my Fords or any other vehicles I have owned.

Current fleet:

2006 F350 been in once for the bad dash cluster. 128,000 miles.

2012 F150 never been in. 51,000 miles.

2013 Edge in once for a bad switch in the drivers door. 57,000 miles.

Chris

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #116  
My history........79 chev halfton regular maintenance only for the 7 years I had it...........84 Dodge Ramcharger .......regular maintenance except for accident repair, hit from rear (should of had my trailer hitch in) replaced by 1993 Jeep Cherokee ..... clutch replaced , but probably my fault I used in very deep snow with chains for 8 years, other than that regular maintenance . Replaced by 1999 used Dodge Dakota .........only problem was a distributor rotor that exploded , a dealer 140 miles from my home towed and fixed it same day' was on the road 5 hrs later. Replaced by 2004 Dodge Ram 4 x4 no problems , traded for 2008 same model , it had computer problem phantom problems but never left me stranded, traded for 2014 GMC ......zero problems 7 months so far.............as for Fords brother and brother in law had two (both had those twin I beam headache front ends.........they now both drive GM and Dodge resepctively...........you see it is all anecdotal, you hate GM because of your poor compony investment decisions so take every chance to burn them...........I prefer to be more open minded , actually would drive a Ford (the Mustang only)

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #117  
"...someone that has to get to work, like fire fighter, doctor, nurse etc..."

Well, I am not any of the above, but if I want a paycheck I have to get to work...

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"?
OP here...want to throw in my two cents about vehicle reliability today:

My Y2K GMC 2500 has been babied and owned since new...currently had just over 43200 miles and I type this:

Total replacement parts and maintenance in 15 years: Two air filter changes, Two batteries, one set of radiator and heater hoses, two cooling system flushes and refills, two rear window motors for passenger rear windows, three drive belt changes, one transmission fluid flush and refill, one transfer case switch, one set of new rear brakes and three burnt out light bulbs, one set of new tires, and the twice yearly oil and filter changes and wiper blade changes...NO OTHER REPAIRS NEEDED and even after spending $600 for the new tires, my actual cash outlay for FIFTEEN YEARS HAS BEEN ABOUT 2 GRAND AT MOST. Yes, I do the vast majority of the work myself, but...TWO GRAND IN FIFTEEN YEARS???? Now...tell me if that is unreasonable, my GMC is like new today and I would run it to California and back tomorrow without a qualm. YET I STILL LOVE HAVING A BACKUP VEHICLE !!!!!