How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode
Getting ready to do some excavation and need the teeth welded onto my 4in1 bucket soon.
Now that I look at the teeth/mount that I bought again, the teeth are going to sit lower that the bottom of the bucket due to the style of the tooth mount that clamps over the bucket edge.
20201126_104343.jpg

Should I care about that or do I need to get weld on mounts that sit up higher so the tooth is more even with the bottom of the bucket?

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #12  
That doesn't look bad to me from the pic. You may want to snap a side view showing how much lower the tooth is. Most brands are a little lower then the edge.
Some brands like the ones PT (and others) sell are bolt on. So if you dont need them you can remove them. The only problem would be drilling the holes. Not sure how hard the bucket material is to drill through.

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #13  
I would do an ODD number of teeth regardless of how many you do. That is so there is one in the middle of the bucket. So many times I've picked up an implement with that single tooth and everything is balanced nicely.

My teeth are under the bucket and will leave marks in the dirt (straight lines) that can be flatten with a back drag of the heel of the bucket. The teeth are much strong when it hooks under the lip.

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #14  
I'm not a big fan of the bolt on, but only because i take them off and put them on fairly often.

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #15  
It is just that welding is so....permanent

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #16  
It is just that welding is so....permanent
Well the gas axe would like to have a word about that...😆

But yeah, things are never quite the same when you "unweld" stuff for sure.

I'm with the odd number of teeth so there's one in the middle and go bolt on....mostly so I can have that bolt hole (and maybe a couple of friends) to bolt a longer piece of steel on there for some lifting applications. Just don't skimp on the bolt strength!

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #18  
My teeth bolt on and off and are welded to a long bar. And I would really recommend that method as opposed to welding directly to the bucket. My toothbar is a tooth bar, and it bolts to the side of the bucket, not the bottom. The bar adds a lot of support. I fear that the stock buckets front lip is too thin for permanent teeth and you are going to bend the bucket in short order.

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #19  
I agree with Woodlandfarms (but will never admit it to him).

Anonymous

/ How many teeth should I add to my 4 in 1 bucket/tooth mount style-Beast Mode #20  
Interesting thing... on the PT website they list short bolt-on teeth for the rock bucket for $150 for both the PT425 and PT1430, however, I don't see teeth for any of the machines larger than those. Might want to call PT and see what they say.

I bought the teeth for my rock bucket for our PT425 when I bought it from PT. They were just OK at first. I was kinda disappointed. Then someone here on TBN told me to take a grinder to them and sharpen the leading edge, as they were blunt from the factory. Made a HUGE difference. I really like them now. The side of my garage? Not so much. 😝