How many tractors in your neighborhood?

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #1  

senecak19

Silver Member
Tractor
L3200HST
Curious to see how many of you have neighbors with a tractor? Or how many tractors exist in your neighborhood? We all talk to each other on here as if we were all neighbors sort of speak because we all share a common interest in owning a piece of equipment. However, it seems most everyone I know, meet, work with, etc... DON'T own a tractor and almost look at me like I'm crazy. Seems a lot of people get overwhelmed with the thought of owning a tractor or just see it as "outside the realm of possibility" for whatever reason. Do your neighbors think your crazy? I purchased my tractor in 2013 and have never looked back. When people ask why I bought it, I tell them owning it is cheaper than the medical bills I'd have if I didn't own it and you can almost see the gears turning in their heads. I'm in good company as I'm one of five houses in a row with a tractor, with all of us owning enough acres to not have to look at each other. I often have folks from neighboring streets driving by on their tractors and they always wave. Seems most of us non-consciously keep tabs on who owns a tractor and who doesn't. Now ask yourself, how many houses have tractors in your neighborhood?

What's your story?

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #2  
Subdivision so there are a couple of lawn tractors

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #3  
Everyone and mine is probably the smallest, one 'down the road' has a twin city tractor he is restoring, most are big John Deere, but this is a farming area and my 38 acres is probably the smallest.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #4  
One neighbour has a SAME that he brought with him after downsizing from a farm, good for 'slashing' and 3pl lifting but he's called on me when a FEL operation is needed.

Another neighbour has a 'rescued' Allis-Chalmers that's basically used to run vintage belt-driven implements.

Other than that, I'm the only one in the immediate area with a tractor... and I'm available to help out others for the cost of a few bottles of Pinot Noir. :) :tractor:

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #5  
Rural mountain valley in East TN.....couple hundred residents,maybe 60-70 households, 10 tractors I know of, maybe one or two I don't. About that many pieces of heavier construction equipment like excavators, dozers, steer skid loaders, etc. Two saw mills.

I account for 3 of that mix.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #6  
We live in heavy farm country. I have a 424 and my immediate closest neighbors (5-12 acres) don't have tractors. Next guy over has a large 80 hp kubota with a small cattle lot. After that are big farms fields.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood?
Rural mountain valley in East TN.....couple hundred residents,maybe 60-70 households, 10 tractors I know of, maybe one or two I don't. About that many pieces of heavier construction equipment like excavators, dozers, steer skid loaders, etc. Two saw mills.

I account for 3 of that mix.

That LT40 is a nice machine. I just sold my LT35 hydraulic. I got a lot of use out of it for a few years and then sold it for 85% of what I paid for it. I've never had something sell so fast in my life. I had 18 folks lining up to buy it with more than a handful willing to pay cash. I'm on the fence about buying another only because I have access to a friend in the logging business with an LT70. If I didn't have that connection, I'd likely be replacing mine with an LT40.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #8  
Very few of them here, 3 or 4, and they're all SCUTs from what I can tell. There is one guy with a skid steer Bobcat, couldn't say which model. Most have a riding mower but that's it.

We've had almost no snow this winter, so no one has needed any help from getting buried in the snow. But I can't help thinking most of these neighbors are going to be my new "best friends" if we get a heavy snow season next year.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #9  
None! Not a one that I can think of. I see riding lawn mowers, but that's it. No need for them as most lots here are 1/4 acre.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #10  
There are six families up here in the northern rockies at 5k feet elevation covering around about 600 acres.
Between 5 of us there are 5 tractors, my JD dozer, a neighbor with a Ford back hoe and one with a telehandler.