how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate?

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #31  
Gee, I was thinking a pizza a six pack and cost of materials and gas money...maybe you have to be friends with the welder for that deal. ;)
I'm commonly in fields in the middle of the night helping neighbors do just about everything from predator control to picking up bales. Big difference between what it costs and what you’ll do for a neighbor/friend.

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #32  
I'm commonly in fields in the middle of the night helping neighbors do just about everything from predator control to picking up bales. Big difference between what it costs and what you’ll do for a neighbor/friend.
That's so true about neighbors & friends.

As to the OP's original question on mobile welding, I didn't do much of that from my shop. Going somewhere to weld on someone else's project never interested me. That said, a few hundred dollars to go & return from somewhere within a half hour driving distance seems reasonable - plus about a hundred an hour while working.

Most people take things to a shop. Up until 20 years ago I had a mechanical shop that was open to walk-ins some weekends. If a person brought a "just weld it" project by that looked easy to weld, I'd probably do it for a chance to chat and be happy with $20 to $30.

But that rarely happened. Very rarely - maybe a dozen times in 50 years - did someone bring me something that only required welding. They often said that simple welding was what they wanted, but what they brought tended to be a box of half-constructed parts, of unknown alloys, covered with rust or paint, an idea, and the assumption that someone who could weld could also figure out how to make their gadget work right. For doing that, multiply the charge by 10.
rScotty

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate?
Most people take things to a shop. Up until 20 years ago I had a mechanical shop that was open to walk-ins some weekends. If a person brought a "just weld it" project by that looked easy to weld, I'd probably do it for a chance to chat and be happy with $20 to $30.

But that rarely happened. Very rarely - maybe a dozen times in 50 years - did someone bring me something that only required welding. They often said that simple welding was what they wanted, but what they brought tended to be a box of half-constructed parts, of unknown alloys, covered with rust or paint, an idea, and the assumption that someone who could weld could also figure out how to make their gadget work right. For doing that, multiply the charge by 10.
rScotty
real fair to charge for this service. I will be your customer if I live there :)

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #34  
Hi everyone, I would like to have a investigation. How much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate on the attachment you there? Not in China, but the cost for this service in the US.

That's small work for me, less than ten minutes. But not easy for someone doesn't know welding.
I don't know what you do for living but would YOU work for almost nothing ?? Id
Hi everyone, I would like to have a investigation. How much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate on the attachment you there? Not in China, but the cost for this service in the US.

That's small work for me, less than ten minutes. But not easy for someone doesn't know welding.
Would would you work for almost nothing ?

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #35  

As most others are saying, around the $200 mark. I fixed both loader arms that ripped at the welds on a massey 1725 a few weeks ago for cash and barter...
20230506_092715.jpg
20230506_094933.jpg
20230506_092724.jpg
20230506_095015.jpg

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #36  
If the person you call is a busy person (usually the best), then it will be looked at the as the disruption of his day and you would likely be on the back burner (unlit). Otherwise lots of variables as already mentioned. Like others said buy a machine and learn, if you own equipment you will probably need the skills.

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #37  
If it is a neighbor or friend, you don't charge to do a favor. But you can't drive 50 miles either. What goes around, usually comes around.

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #38  
So, rereading the OP comment;
If this was a call out, serive call; it could very well be $600. Figure the welder (or service company) is probably billing that guy at $1000/day; plus truck; and realistically, even a 15 minute job, an employee is going to get one thing done before lunch, and one thing after; so that 15 minutes costs half a day of production.

If this was an emergency, night call out, heck, could be $1500, more if it's on a military base, coca cola, ect, where they have background checks, NDAs, ect.

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #39  
Times have certainly changed. 23 years ago I had a guy make an emergency call to weld a new hitch on one half of a double wide manufactured home. The original had buckled while going down the road🥴 The guy came out and welded it while lying on his back in the rain. He was getting quite a tingle from the arc welder. The old guy charged me less than $200 if I remember correctly.

/ how much if ask a welder come to your home and weld a 2" length small metal plate? #40  
Price is always relative to location, distance of travel, working conditions and time on the job. My question is where is the OP located?