How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer...

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #21  
This is just my opinion but if you think he was an ok operator then you need to watch an expert sometime. The operator was very rough and had no clue as to the physics involved. If he would have got the tines under the rock right away the upset would have never happened.

Also he spent far to much time prancing around on the back wheels. Four tires on the ground give far more stability and believe it or not twice as much traction. This was a totally preventable upset.
Agree with not an expert buy still defending ok. Also said he should have gone slower and more careful aka not as rough.

We're in agreement about this being preventable and he didn't do a great job my point is that this fail was not by a noob that ha never ran a machine but a guy who should have known better and was maybe showing off for the camera hence time spent on 2/4ths of the wheels.

Also seen experts and seen experts fail. Its not common but everybody has a bad day sometimes. Also i keep saying this guy may be a machine operator and that doesn't mean he a skidsteer op. Maybe hes a big rubber tire operator and didn't realize he was being way to rough on a much smaller machine.

In contrast seen plenty of folks sit on a machine for the first time ever and they tend to be turtle slow and usually take a bit before they can easily move the forks/bucket on conjunction with raising/lowering the loader arms. This guy seems past that point making this likely a non noob fail... that makes it worse really.

Were all just playing monday morning quarterback anyways.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #22  
Machine too small for task .period.

We have 825 with home made fork attachment which is a 4500 capable side shift carriage and use it to remove tress and other things.

Those forks were wide and going arround bolder and machine tipping forward when lifting so bad things were to happen

Our funny note was we were yanking trees so new ones could be planted and we had a wild fig tree only 4 inch diameter trunk...no more than 5 and after plucking out a couple citrus and mulberry trees that were larger without any issue we tried the fig.

Holy smoke as many tiny roots that are strong.

Ww did get tree out but wound up burying the tractor to pan sitting on soil and blew the seals on one tilt cylinder for retract.

Fig trees are made of steel it seems...

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #23  
I bet that hurt. I flipped my skid steer over frontwards one time. It was about four years ago. It hurt like heck. Luckily I had my seatbelt on.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #24  
The guy was complete idiot. Herky, jerky and seemed in a hurry to impress the camera rather than use his brain and a powerful tool thoughtfully. Careless about his machine and his own well being.