how often do you service your tractor?

/ how often do you service your tractor? #11  
what about if the oil is black? I check my oil often and recently found it to be black. Does it affect the tractor?

Yep, just like Ken wrote...
The 790's oil was always nice and straw colored, just like fresh new oil. 670's wasn't quite as nice...4400's oil was just changed 15 hours ago.
But my old Silverado with the 6.2 ltr diesel was nasty within a few hours.
Unless you determine there is a need (oil contaminated by fuel, for example), I suggest you just go by the hours on it.

/ how often do you service your tractor? #13  
sweettractors.
"You can't burn a tractor or implement up with lube :)"

Soooo true,also less payments in years to come.;)

/ how often do you service your tractor? #14  
if your tractor is diesel then it will be black after the first few hours of use. You can not depend on coloring of the oil to determine the lubricity of the oil.

Think about your diesel truck 12 ~ 20 fill ups it's probably time to change that engine oil.
Thats just my Schedule. Your mileage may vary. Unless its been sitting and short run times not heating the oil up to temp.

Then I would change it more frequent.

just my humble opinion
Chris

/ how often do you service your tractor?
so do i wait for 100 hours or change it now? I do take good care of my yanny.:thumbsup:

/ how often do you service your tractor? #16  
G'day i would change the eng oil every 100 hrs or 12 months oil is cheap insurance and as Roy said every three years on the tranny

Jon

/ how often do you service your tractor? #17  
You guys made me have to go look to see what my manual says.

Engine oil --- every 100 hours
Trans/hydraulic oil --- every 1200 hours.:eek:

Interesting that the filters don't match the oil interval.

Engine oil filter --- every 200 hours
Trans/hydraulic oil filter --- every 600 hours.

/ how often do you service your tractor? #18  
twice a year all fluids and filters get changed. before discing/planting and after harvest.

/ how often do you service your tractor? #19  
so do i wait for 100 hours or change it now? I do take good care of my yanny.:thumbsup:

If you don't know how long it's been since that last oil change, I suggest you go ahead and change it. Then get on a regular schedule.
Others have posted...oil is cheap.

/ how often do you service your tractor? #20  
I have come to a time where i am not sure if it is time to service my Yanmar or not. I have put around 70 hours on it since october when I first got it. it was last serviced last June. With my riding mower, i just service it every fall but what about my Yanmar? One of my neighbors said that i should service it every 50 hours of use but my grandpa says every 100 hours. I also have heard once or twice a year. :confused2:

If you have a manual, I'd use the oem service chart as a guideline. IE.. service it at -least- as often as the manual states.. and also doing it at least 1 per year in the event you don't rack up the needed hours for the service.

also harsh dusty conditions.. or extended idling periods would make me want to service it more often.

in the tractor world.. once you are past brake in.. 100 hrs seems normal.. though do consult your machines manual to be sure.

soundguy