How often should you grease a tractor for light duty?

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #51  
We are light duty users of our equipment. However often we must get into the ponds or under big tree stumps, where we use water to wash out the under roots before cutting.
It is all muddy & add the constant Florida sand then you will know why we grease everything that gets water
intrusion just after tractor is garaged for the day. Instantly we can see the crud pushed out & a hint of the new grease.
If daily water digging is being done then we try to use a marine grease for a bit more protection.
I understand the Marine grease doesn't carry the best protection but it seems to keep the pins cleaner. We are best able to note this during bucket size changing.

Otherwise we will grease after every washing, which is after the final tractor work is finished.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #52  
Get the yellow pistol grip. It’s awesome. I was able to grease fittings the battery operated one couldn’t as well as ones I had to jack up tractor to do.
I have several of these. REALLY a nice grease gun. It's even easy to bleed the few times there has been trapped air in it. :)

Don't forget the LocknLube couplers...they are great!

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #53  
I must admit, the battery powered gun is becomming a VERY attractive options as my hands get older and less nimble. Probably a purchase in the near future.
I may not be far behind you. Although, I really like to be able to feel the resistance in the hand pump and the ability to s-l-o-w-l-y feed grease in certain applications such as "bearing buddies".

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #54  
As a lifong salesman there is reason I always included a grease a gun with goody bag of hats. Grease often and wipe off the excess. At a minimum it forces you to survey your tractor and possibly notice issues before they become problems.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty?
I grease the tractor about every 20 hours. The loader/grapple about every 5. Grease is a lot cheaper than repair. I use the red stuff on the loader and lithium on the tractor.
Would you say 20 for the Backhoe also...

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #56  
I lube my backhoe at the same backhoe operating hours as the loader operating hours. Backhoes are similar to excavators...they like grease! If used extensively, a contractor may lube daily!

I lube my backhoe at the same backhoe operating hours as the loader operating hours. Backhoes are similar to excavators...they like grease! If used extensively, a contractor may lube daily!
Thats true, but in my case I usually am working the FEL constantly, while the Backhoe is every now and then..

We are light duty users of our equipment. However often we must get into the ponds or under big tree stumps, where we use water to wash out the under roots before cutting.
It is all muddy & add the constant Florida sand then you will know why we grease everything that gets water
intrusion just after tractor is garaged for the day. Instantly we can see the crud pushed out & a hint of the new grease.
If daily water digging is being done then we try to use a marine grease for a bit more protection.
I understand the Marine grease doesn't carry the best protection but it seems to keep the pins cleaner. We are best able to note this during bucket size changing.

Otherwise we will grease after every washing, which is after the final tractor work is finished.
I cant wash mine off as have really bad sulfur and corrosive water coming out of the well, it destroys any metal it touches, so have lots of maintenance. But try to keep mine clean by waxing and wiping, but it does take a lot more work. As for the grease, I looked at the Marine grease because of the Florida weather, but so far just using Lucas Red and Tacky and finally found the grease coupler that locks on, works great. https://locknlube.com/pages/pick-yo...6ceYC39vzAehZPfUQeuzfNzfeTsaaQGkaAgFGEALw_wcB

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #59  
I'm sure that I over grease. I grease PTO shaft joints every day that I use them, the loader joints every day that I use the loader. Better too much than too little. I like to see keep pushing in fresh grease and pushing out any water or grit. Grease is cheap. A flexible hose is essential from my perspective.

Attachments

• 12929.png
    12929.png
    538.9 KB · Views: 53
   / How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #60  
As a lifong salesman there is reason I always included a grease a gun with goody bag of hats. Grease often and wipe off the excess. At a minimum it forces you to survey your tractor and possibly notice issues before they become problems.
Good approach to good ownership. Its amazing what you find when greasing. Not a fun task, but an important one for good care of equipment.