How often should you grease a tractor for light duty?

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #61  
I don't think so on my Milwaukee 18V model. When I used a manual grease gun (2 different ones) the loader pins only took 1-3 pumps to see grease move, with the Milwaukee it takes 5-10.
Now there is a possibility my Milwaukee has a problem, I just got it for Christmas but only started using it a couple months ago.
Your post got me intrigued So Tonight had a few extra mins so I tested my DeWalt 20volt grease gun with my old trusty Lincoln pistol grip gun it appears to dispense the same amount with one cycle on the DeWalt and one trigger squeeze of the Lincoln. DeWalt is gray molly Lincoln is blue lithium.

Attachments

• KIMG0811.JPG
    KIMG0811.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0810.JPG
    KIMG0810.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
   / How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #62  
Your post got me intrigued So Tonight had a few extra mins so I tested my DeWalt 20volt grease gun with my old trusty Lincoln pistol grip gun it appears to dispense the same amount with one cycle on the DeWalt and one trigger squeeze of the Lincoln. DeWalt is gray molly Lincoln is blue lithium.
Test on a few actual grease zerks. I did a similar thing initially and it looked to be about the same amount but it takes more cycles of the Milwaukee than either of my manual guns on the actual tractor/FEL/BH zerks.
Again, maybe mine is defective, I just keep it on 5 and hit the trigger once or twice and usually see some sign of grease moving.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #63  
My Dewalt is variable speed, with a claimed 10k PSI I think I may use a little more grease with it because it has the pressure to actually open up clogged passages and grease zerks that a manually powered gun cant. imho.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #64  
My lever grease gun is rated at 10K.
I have used max pressure by putting it against my chest with the hose down, LockNLube on the stubborn zerk and both hands pulling on the lever.

P7110005.JPG

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #65  
My Dewalt is variable speed, with a claimed 10k PSI I think I may use a little more grease with it because it has the pressure to actually open up clogged passages and grease zerks that a manually powered gun cant. imho.
Many are rated for 10K PSI, 2 of my manual guns are as is the Milwaukee in setting 1.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #66  
My lever grease gun is rated at 10K.
I have used max pressure by putting it against my chest with the hose down, LockNLube on the stubborn zerk and both hands pulling on the lever.

View attachment 741608
Long gone are those days thankfully for me anyways.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #67  
I grease often. Anytime the tractor is out doing a day's worth of work (ie, I won't grease it if I'm just moving it out of the way). Loader, tractor, cutter etc is greased, fueled, oil checked, trans checked, toolbox checked etc. If I'm on a customer's property, I don't want or need any downtime, especially if its preventable.

My father owned an excavating business. Everything was greased when warming up for the day. No exception. We still own a 1968 Hough loader with original pins and bushings. Joints have minimal wear and slop.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #68  
I grease often. Anytime the tractor is out doing a day's worth of work (ie, I won't grease it if I'm just moving it out of the way). Loader, tractor, cutter etc is greased, fueled, oil checked, trans checked, toolbox checked etc. If I'm on a customer's property, I don't want or need any downtime, especially if its preventable.

My father owned an excavating business. Everything was greased when warming up for the day. No exception. We still own a 1968 Hough loader with original pins and bushings. Joints have minimal wear and slop.
That's amazing for a loader over 50 yrs old. I worked with a guy that had a old hough he named it "Huffer Doo" he claimed it could take a good beating was pretty neglected and 50+ yrs later still run and do work🤣.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #69  
Every 10 hours. A construction company that takes care of there stuff will grease daily.
Or I'd say the closest estimate of that usage.
Some zerks would be more critical, like the front axle pivot.
In winter I mainly plow and blow so my front axle pivot is the only one that works hard so I do it often.
FEL simply idles.

/ How often should you grease a tractor for light duty? #70  
I never greased my old tractor except when I changed the oil which I think I did several times in twenty years, so I was shocked when I saw in a video that you need to grease every 10 hours of use. What is a more normal level for greasing a tractor under light conditions or usage?
I would change oil every season , Lube every 6 months depending on the work load..I have a compact Ford 1520 , bought in1990 and it is like new today. Similarly my NH 4060 bought 2009 Take care of your equipment and it will last longer that you or me...