How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #51  
Sorry folks but I see absolutely no point in needing to go slow! To date I have had absolutely no job or tractor function that required movement that slow and figure that if anyone actually needs it they simply cant operate the machine to begin with!

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #52  
I don't think the OP goes that slow, it was just a demonstration as a result of the never ending HST vs gears, he's owned and driven both.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #53  
I regret not having creeper gears put into our JD 6200 when it was apart for a new(er) tranny.

When you run PTO at 540, you really don't have a lot of backward speed selection.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #54  
Sorry folks but I see absolutely no point in needing to go slow! To date I have had absolutely no job or tractor function that required movement that slow and figure that if anyone actually needs it they simply cant operate the machine to begin with!

The op in his origional post was using it as a benefit of the hydro transmission.

My post was in jest and don't think anyone was claiming super slow operation as a needed function.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #55  
The op in his origional post was using it as a benefit of the hydro transmission.

My post was in jest and don't think anyone was claiming super slow operation as a needed function.

Is that an Osage Orange fruit on the wheel?

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #56  
Is that an Osage Orange fruit on the wheel?

Sure is . It makes for some pretty mean burning firewood. We have enough around to keep us warm for years.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #57  
I regret not having creeper gears put into our JD 6200 when it was apart for a new(er) tranny.

When you run PTO at 540, you really don't have a lot of backward speed selection.

And there you go, why sometimes going really slow matters! Those practicing proper techniques for running a rotary cutter in uncharted brush will BACK into it, and one doesn't want to go fast (and if you're smashing big stuff it's not possible to go fast).