How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #31  
I often wondered why that seems to be. My neighbor had a BX, and you could hear it whine for hundreds of yards. Yet my L3400hst had very little, and my Kioti DK35se has even less. Is it possible pushing high pressure fluid thru smaller spaces makes more noise? I can't prove my theory, but it has been my impression from what I have heard. Little tractor, lotsa noise, big tractor not so much.

My Ventrac is very loud! You need headphones.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #32  
   / How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #33  
I often wondered why that seems to be. My neighbor had a BX, and you could hear it whine for hundreds of yards. Yet my L3400hst had very little, and my Kioti DK35se has even less. Is it possible pushing high pressure fluid thru smaller spaces makes more noise? I can't prove my theory, but it has been my impression from what I have heard. Little tractor, lotsa noise, big tractor not so much.

James my 4520 John Deere will develop a whine that gets worse the longer it takes to change the hydraulic filter then will be real quiet for another year.
ken

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #34  
James my 4520 John Deere will develop a whine that gets worse the longer it takes to change the hydraulic filter then will be real quiet for another year.
ken

That might help ... I just hit 50hrs on this Massey, so it's due for a new filter

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #35  
That might help ... I just hit 50hrs on this Massey, so it's due for a new filter

I think KennyV had mentioned this method when asking about the whine of the tractor
two or more years ago.
On one JD the hydraulic system had almost quit. drained the fluid out and on removing the inline filter the return line to the tank it was full of grass and trash.
the only way to get in was fill hole Owner was surprised had bought new about 4 years earlier.
refilled the fluid and system worked as new . Never had a answer where it came from.
ken

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
ken

I wonder if that would lend any credence to my small passageway theory?. The smaller the passageway the more whine?

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #37  
I wonder if that would lend any credence to my small passageway theory?. The smaller the passageway the more whine?

James when you get a blockage in your fluid transfer system. Do you whine also?

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #39  
I think KennyV had mentioned this method when asking about the whine of the tractor
two or more years ago.
On one JD the hydraulic system had almost quit. drained the fluid out and on removing the inline filter the return line to the tank it was full of grass and trash.
the only way to get in was fill hole Owner was surprised had bought new about 4 years earlier.
refilled the fluid and system worked as new . Never had a answer where it came from.
ken
When I was a little kid, I was known to poke stuff in fuel and oil tanks on tractors....Never rule out kids for all of the unexplainable phenomenon that goes on at the farm.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
James when you get a blockage in your fluid transfer system. Do you whine also?

Fortunately I never have. But I had a friend who had some stones causing a blockage and he made a lot of noise