How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ?

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #61  
I am inclined to believe that is true. No reason to think otherwise. However, I have a friend who bought an L4701 like mine but from a different dealer. I am not sure how many hours, but I think at about 80 or 100 his front axle failed, both sides. When I asked him about it, he said it was delivered by the dealer with the front axle dry. Gears and bearings on both side were ruined. I don't know how much he use 4wd before that happened. He also said the service person who prepped the tractor was fired. Best Wishes, Larry
It is the dealers responsibility to check fluid levels. There are factory screw ups just like there are dealer screw ups. Sometimes they are compounded. Doesn't really matter whether your friend used 4wd or not, the parts were turning and running dry either way.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #62  
There is no recommendation by Kubota to change hydraulic or front axle oils at 50 hours and I don't think there are currently any calling for a change at 200 hours. Owner preferences vary of course.
Yep, that is correct. My manual shows 400 hour hst transmission change and front axle lub change. None before that is shown in the manual.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #63  
Pictures look more like contamination. No source of combustion byproducts, and if it isn't oxidizing from high temps, that leaves water. A bad vent/breather valve can introduce a lot.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ?
I am inclined to believe that is true. No reason to think otherwise. However, I have a friend who bought an L4701 like mine but from a different dealer. I am not sure how many hours, but I think at about 80 or 100 his front axle failed, both sides. When I asked him about it, he said it was delivered by the dealer with the front axle dry. Gears and bearings on both side were ruined. I don't know how much he use 4wd before that happened. He also said the service person who prepped the tractor was fired. Best Wishes, Larry
Truly incredible story of delivery of a tractor without oil in the front end... amazing!

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ?
Was there an initial filter change for the HST? Did it also have lots of metal in it?

That front oil does look dark though. Are you always in 4wd?
Only in 4WD when necessary. We have a lawn and tend to like to keep 4wd off unless we need it for other areas of the property. And of course we travel 2 miles on paved roads once a wk or so for mowing. But other than a few issues a week for short term, we are a 2WD family...

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #66  
I'd switch the front axle to a compatible gear oil. Gear oil has more anti wear additives. Manufacturers use tractor fluid because it's simpler for them.
Other than the factory fill on my Kubota FWA tractors, I never use SUDT in the front axle, always 85-90 GL5 gear oil.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #67  
The more I think about this, the more I think it may be normal for the First axle change. I would be more concerned if it was not the first oil change. When I mentioned it to the dealer, he didn't seem to think it was unusual. Also, Are you sure the front axle had UDT2? Both dealers I talked with stated it is 80-90 in the axle. I even told one that I was going to change the front axle with UDT2, and he said "I wouldn't do that. It comes with 80-90. My axle oil is also black like that. I am at 275 hours. I will take another look at it when I reach 400 hrs. I am inclined to believe that because of the cost of UDT2, the manufacture has a good reason to use 80-90 in all tractors out the door. Best Wishes. Larry