How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #1  

yanmar1610d

Tractor
Yanmar1610D
Would like to know if anyone on here has added duals to their Yanmar? Would like to add duals to my little Yanmar to make the tractor wider and for stability. I already have two sets of tires with rims. Would like to find a good way to mount them to each other.

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #3  
Post some pictures of your existing wheels and hubs, as well as your new/extra wheels so we have a better idea what you are working with...

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #4  
Consider using wheel spacers instead of dual wheels. I think you'll find it to be a much simpler solution. Just a few inches on each side makes a huge difference in stability.

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #5  
X2 on spacers, I made some myself. However, I didn't have an extra set of tires either.

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar
Where can I purchase wheel spacers and how much do they cost? Have the wheels turned out already and still not wide enough.

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #7  
I'd check with bro - tek (www.bro-tek.com). They don't list Yanmar specifically, but they have many models and one may fit.

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #8  
Years ago I had to add one dual wheel to a self propelled harvester for floatation.

I had a fab shop roll a 3/16" thick ring 12" wide to use as the spacer. This ring I welded to the outer rim. Three long 5/8" bolts were used to clamp the assembly together.

image-3696587630.jpg

Sorry. Too lazy to use forklift to lower it for a closeup.

Terry

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #9  
Here's what I did... 4.5" per side

/ How to add Duals rear tires to Yanmar #10  
Be carefull about putting stress on the axles that they were never designed for. I have duals for my Steiner and they suggest a very, very low outer tire pressure.