HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #111  
For my first post here I just did this to my new 2022 1725 mb. I’m new to tractors and I would have never known what to look for if not for this thread. The write up was awesome. Only thing I’ll add is if you don’t have a big adjustable a 27mm wrench fits the valve perfectly.

The loader seemed weak so I got a gauge and tested it today it was 1600psi!!! So I jumped it up to 2100. I didn’t get a chance to lift anything yet as it’s about to be dark but I played with the backhoe a bit and it’s an animal now compared to what it was.

I had a pallet and stacked some split wood right off the splitter and was a bit disappointed in its lifting capacity of the split wood. This should make a pretty good difference!! Can’t wait to split some wood!!

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #112  
For my first post here I just did this to my new 2022 1725 mb. I’m new to tractors and I would have never known what to look for if not for this thread. The write up was awesome. Only thing I’ll add is if you don’t have a big adjustable a 27mm wrench fits the valve perfectly.

The loader seemed weak so I got a gauge and tested it today it was 1600psi!!! So I jumped it up to 2100. I didn’t get a chance to lift anything yet as it’s about to be dark but I played with the backhoe a bit and it’s an animal now compared to what it was.

I had a pallet and stacked some split wood right off the splitter and was a bit disappointed in its lifting capacity of the split wood. This should make a pretty good difference!! Can’t wait to split some wood!!
Thats odd because MF has some of the highest settings for hydraulics I've seen,,my new 1723 tested 2000psi on the dot, spec Is around 1900 I believe.

You do know you violated your warranty any problems they can/will deny you.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #113  
Thats odd because MF has some of the highest settings for hydraulics I've seen,,my new 1723 tested 2000psi on the dot, spec Is around 1900 I believe.

You do know you violated your warranty any problems they can/will deny you.
How can violate the warranty by bringing it up to the specs?

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #114  
How can violate the warranty by bringing it up to the specs?
They will say "it's where it supposed to be" and that it's been tamperd with, trust me

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #115  
There is usually a paint pen mark across the adjustment screw and the relief valve body that would no longer line up indicating it's moved or been adjusted. They would then check work to verify that it was adjust above spec and if they felt that it was. Void any warranty.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #117  
I just brought it back to spec. If I have any issues and they say I voided it it is what it is and that’ll be my last dealings with that dealer and brand. I dont sweat that stuff.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #118  
I just brought it back to spec. If I have any issues and they say I voided it it is what it is and that’ll be my last dealings with that dealer and brand. I dont sweat that stuff.
Your going to have that issue with any brand and dealer.

Just wait till warranty is up then your ok