How to Change E4B Engine Back to E3B Specs?

/ How to Change E4B Engine Back to E3B Specs? #1  

Rifling8005

Tractor
Kubota D1105
Hi All,

I have a hydrostatic loader with a Kubota D1105-E4B engine. In Australia, we do not yet have to comply with Euro V or EPA Tier 4 emissions standards, so I would like to bring it back to its former E3B 3600rpm glory, or perhaps even a little more if it is safe to do so.

As far as I can tell from the specs, the only differences are:

D1105-E4B:
18.5kw/24.8hp @ 3000rpm
Max 3200rpm
Injection Timing 18° BTDC
Compression Ratio 24:1

D1105-E3B 3600rpm:
21.7kw/29.1hp @ 3600rpm
Max 3800rpm
Injection Timing 20° BTDC
Compression Ratio 23:1

Can anyone offer any advice on how to go about things?

I saw an old post where SkyPup was talking about changing injector nozzle size a few microns to increase power (Post Here), but I can't find any information on Denso DN0PD injector nozzle hole sizes. As far as I can tell, the original part number for the standard nozzle is 16261-5361-0.

/ How to Change E4B Engine Back to E3B Specs? #2  
What are you hoping to achieve?

Enjoy the fuel economy you currently get. A couple of extra HP isn't worth the effort IMHO when you won't be able lift/pull/push much more than you currently can.

I'd invest my time in getting a machine that will do the job instead of trying to up-size a lightweight SCUT that isn't up for the current job at hand.

/ How to Change E4B Engine Back to E3B Specs?
Unfortunately the only other option I have is a V1505-E4B which... has the exact same power of 18.5kw despite being a bigger, 4 cylinder engine. It is also much more costly.

I don't want the engine to be strung out, I'd just like to regain the power it had before it was hamstrung by EPA4 and Euro V.