How to compost 107 dead hogs

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #2  
Pretty interesting video...

That was interesting. Makes you think about compost in a whole new light. I assume those were wild pigs.

Probably not what Disney was thinking when they referred to the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie.

MoKelly

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #3  
That was interesting. Makes you think about compost in a whole new light. I assume those were wild pigs.

Probably not what Disney was thinking when they referred to the Circle of Life in the Lion King movie.

MoKelly
Those definitely aren't wild pigs, wild pigs are very hairy and I've never seen one that was pink/white. Black and white spots is the closest I've seen in a feral pig. I would bet they were some of the CAFO pigs that were "euthanized" during Covid because the processors shut down. Note that they're all roughly the same size. Wild herds that size would have everything from babies to 300 pound sows.

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #4  
Those definitely aren't wild pigs, wild pigs are very hairy and I've never seen one that was pink/white. Black and white spots is the closest I've seen in a feral pig. I would bet they were some of the CAFO pigs that were "euthanized" during Covid because the processors shut down. Note that they're all roughly the same size. Wild herds that size would have everything from babies to 300 pound sows.

Thanks. Makes sense - I bet you are correct.

MoKelly

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #5  
Just a big pork salad getting tossed. They never talked about any odors from the pile. They just said it was a nice breezy day. HA!

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #7  

MoKelly
Very obviously NOT wild pigs!

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs #8  
At the beginning of the video it states they composted 107 pigs due to Covid. It was really a waste, they could have kept them alive a while longer and just had bigger animals to process.

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs
... I would bet they were some of the CAFO pigs that were "euthanized" during Covid because the processors shut down. ...
Yep. They said they are experimenting with ways to deal with them. Also, this method could be used if there's an outbreak of disease on a farm.

Some of our state highway department garages have compost bins to deal with roadkill. They cover them in sawdust.

/ How to compost 107 dead hogs
At the beginning of the video it states they composted 107 pigs due to Covid. It was really a waste, they could have kept them alive a while longer and just had bigger animals to process.
No place to keep them I guess. They clog up the processing chain.