How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport?

/ How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport? #11  
You guys run your winches without a screen??

That's something I wouldn't do...

SR

A screen is a really good thing to have if you run the winch from the tractor seat. I always run the winch from the ground so I can see what is happening to the hitch as it gets in close to the winch. Allows me to make some adjustments so the hitch bunches flush up the way I want. And I want to see how the hitch is sitting against the raised butt plate before I take off. So for me the screen is just extra stuff that can get in my way, block my view, or get bashed up by a limb.

gg

/ How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport? #12  
I've found. a screen is good about keeping the tractor getting bashed up by a limb!

I also rarely skid from the tractor seat. The screen keeps a cable from smashing up the tractor too, and it's a handy place to hang extra chokers, and clevis, even a short cant hook.

They really don't block you view much either, at least mine doesn't...

SR

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport? #13  
You guys run your winches without a screen??

That's something I wouldn't do...

SR
My winch came with a screen, but since I never run it from the tractor seat, I really don't get much benefit out of it.

/ How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport? #14  
I can't believe that you guys think the screen on your winch is only good for protection, and useful for when winching from the seat of your tractor!

SR

/ How to Keep Chokers From Falling Off The Winch During Transport? #15  
I can't believe that you guys think the screen on your winch is only good for protection, and useful for when winching from the seat of your tractor!

SR
No, I clip my chokers into the mesh of mine.