How to keep this tractor wheel on?

/ How to keep this tractor wheel on? #1  

Jesse11

Bronze Member
My dad and I have a pretty old John Deer tractor. During one of its many repairs, something ended up happening to a wheel and now it slowly slides down the axle when we drive it. Just by looking at it, we cannot see anything wrong or different between it and the other wheel. Thanks in advance.

/ How to keep this tractor wheel on?
OMG,i am very sorry to post here! It's my fault! :eek:

/ How to keep this tractor wheel on? #3  
OMG,i am very sorry to post here! It's my fault! :eek:

I wouldn't say it's wrong to post this question here. However, there is a more appropriate thread in the John Deere department.

If you could get and post a photo, it would help everyone figure what's going wrong. My guess is that there is a clamping arrangement that is supposed to hold the wheel secure on the axle. A lot of older ag tractors were set up such that the wheel could be adjusted in and out by loosening a clamp and sliding the wheel on the axle. There may be one or more nuts missing or one or more bolts broken.

Good Luck!

/ How to keep this tractor wheel on?
:)thank you for your quick reply and precious advice.but there are 2 different types of axles that I know of. Full-floating and semi-floating and it is not easy to tell the difference for me, i also guss something wrong with the nut.

/ How to keep this tractor wheel on? #5  
Get the pictures and you'll probably get somebody that can tell you what you have. The guys around here are very helpful. The Name That Tractor game/thread is just amazing. These dudes know their stuff!