How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore?

/ How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore? #21  
Yeah..... but I am a retired 747-400 Capt.
Now I am better able to understand why the Fed. Govt. made retirement mandatory at 60 (now changed to age 65 ).
That'll do some damage at the gate, eh? It's not like you're dinging the old Ford's mirror on the garage door. It's wider than a football field is. Amazing piece of machinery.

/ How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore? #22  
My mother got a bad case of shingles in her late eighties and didn't drive for a while. After a partial recovery, I wanted to ease her back behind the wheel and asked her to back her car up for some reason or another. She backed straight into a tree and an hour later didn't even know she'd hit anything. It turned out that Alzheimer's was setting in. She never drove after that.

/ How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore? #23  
I'm 77 and stopped driving about a year ago because I don't want to injure or kill a family due to my problems. I lost the vision in my right eye about 5 years ago and with it went my depth perception. Then my heart problems became much worse and I have to be on oxygen at all times.
I'm very fortunate that my wife is a good
driver, in good health and willing to do what little driving is needed.
I was always very active and afraid that I would be one of those that would never willingly give up my driving but when the time came I recognized it and just quit. I still have a drivers license but just use it for I.D. .

/ How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore? #24  
   / How to know when your parents may not want to drive anymore? #27  
Yes - too much testosterone and driving 2000 plus pound vehicles may not be a great idea.

MoKelly

I'm fine with Under 25 and Over 75 having to take a drivers safety course every year.