HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #1  

Jabonee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra
You can't!:laughing: Just kidding. you can but it requires some knowledge and tools. 2 things need to be done to allow the unit to be moved no matter what model you have. Release the brakes and allow the oil to move in the drive circuit. Releasing the brakes is done by using a porta power and applying pressure to the front and rear brake hoses at the brake valve. Remove the hoses from the valve and tee them together with the porta power. 100psi should do it. Releasing the drive is a little more involved. 2 choices. If your model allows you to access to the F and R relief valves you can pull them. It will make a mess when you move the unit. I like to just unbolt the drive motors and slip the back a little just enough to disengage the drive gear. its less messy and you don't have to disconnect any hoses.:thumbsup:

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #2  
What I would try:
Buy a used long box plastic bed liner and cut it in half lengthwise. Jack up one side of toolcat and slide half of bedliner under the tires...do the same for the other side.
On the front of the bedliner, put one 2x4 on the inside, one on outside and bolt together so it ties both sides together (down in the front bottom corner area).
Put chain on 2x4s and toolcat......SKID it.

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #4  
Jaonee,

I like your idea for disengaging the drive motors. Especially because it doesn't require opening any hydraulic lines. The model I need to move is a B series so it has the ability to install the bolts to release the brakes. Do you or anyone happen to know how long the bolts are that are used to release the brakes?

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT
5600 brake tool.PNG Not sure of the size. 3/8??

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #7  
Yes, I have the photo from the manual also. My plan was to remove the existing plug and match the threads to a longer bolt. The only issue is I don't know how long the bolt is in the photo. I guess I could try to scale its length from its diameter.

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #8  
If we knew if it was a 8x1.25 or a 10x1.5, you could scale the thread pitch to the bolt length.

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT
Yes, I have the photo from the manual also. My plan was to remove the existing plug and match the threads to a longer bolt. The only issue is I don't know how long the bolt is in the photo. I guess I could try to scale its length from its diameter.
Try probing the depth with a screw driver once you have the plug removed.

/ HOW TO MOVE A DEAD TOOLCAT #10  
If helpful I have a set of the Bolts to disengage the axles and will measure them tonight after work and post back here. Unfortunately I have a Council of Governments meeting tonight so I won't be home until after about 10:00/pm.