How to remove drywall with wiring underneath

/ How to remove drywall with wiring underneath #21  
They sell spray cans of orange peel texture at HD, etc. I've used it to match existing walls and add long as you don't use too much you can't tell the difference from the old finish.

/ How to remove drywall with wiring underneath
OP here. I cut out the top section by cutting just inside the studs and that worked much better, though I was a little worried about nicking a wire. Thankfully no nicks. I agree with the above comments about either flinging mud or using a spray can to make the texture blend in. That should be a lot easier than if it was smooth surface. Now to gather up all my parts. Here, the state does the inspections and they have adopted NEC 2017, so I'll be buying a lot of $$$ worth of arc fault breakers. I'll still save a lot of an electrical contractor.

/ How to remove drywall with wiring underneath #23  
Once you start the repairs keep in mind to use some scrap sheetrock, cardboard or similar flat surface to practice spraying the texture onto. Some spray cans have adjustable tips for pattern matching. Sheetrock mud for texturing can vary by amount of water added, and technique applied. Sounds obvious but it seems many people just start spraying on the repair instead of getting the pattern matching done on a practice piece.

/ How to remove drywall with wiring underneath
...... Sounds obvious but it seems many people just start spraying on the repair instead of getting the pattern matching done on a practice piece.
Good advice