How to remove this fuel filter?

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #21  
I would be afraid of the screwdriver slipping and possibly damaging something. I have a large pair of channel locks that I would try first.
It is such a light tap that even when it slips off it does not hurt a thing. I use that technique on many things that is in a tight spot. On the tractor in the video it would take 30 minutes or more to disassemble enough stuff to use pliers.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #24  
I made a short video on the screwdriver technique. Hope this helps.

Good, but next time turn the phone 90 degrees from Portrait to Landscape orientation, for a better video.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #25  
Normally I would turn it landscape. I could not get the phone to stay propped that way.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #26  
I have absolutely no problem figuring out which side to remove. Instead of the right side, I should have said the correct side, for those that cann,t figure out something so simple.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #28  
A larger 16“ pipe wrench will fit over the hose and give enough grip on the ring to remove it. Smaller Chanel locks should fit inside of the hoses. Larger ones should fit over the hoses. The screw driver or punch method will also work well. Strap wrenches will also work. The retaining ring really does not need protection from wrenches!

Lots of options that work but if you really try things can be complicated to the frustration/breakage point.

Just be careful and don’t apply enough pressure to break the filter housing off!!

As per Rick b’s advice.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #29  
A piece of wood with a piece of rubber stappled/nailed/screwed
to it gently tap with small hammer should work
just fine no slippy can hold wood with hand and not
even hurt yourself and you won't damage a thing!;)

willy