How to spend your legacy?

/ How to spend your legacy? #281  
And they'd have replied that you can't sue for horse riding injuries. That's common knowledge. Of course, you may be able to find a lawyer to try and take it, but most places have you sign a waiver regarding horse riding injuries before you start.
When my wife and I were still boarding horses we discussed waivers with an attorney. He said that waivers against injury often do not hold up in court. He said while it is a good idea to have one, don't count on it protecting you if someone is injured on your property. Your insurance company is still responsible for medical treatment for injuries that occur on your property.

/ How to spend your legacy? #282  
And they'd have replied that you can't sue for horse riding injuries. That's common knowledge. Of course, you may be able to find a lawyer to try and take it, but most places have you sign a waiver regarding horse riding injuries before you start.
Not necessarily, depends on state law. Limited liability is not the same as 0 liability, although lots of places will try to use a “release of liability” as a guarantee.

/ How to spend your legacy? #283  
You are much better off making those type inquiries using a wriitten, proof of delivery system. Heat of the moment phone calls rarely get results.
You do understand that I was not being literal. The first "reply" would be appropriate for a call, I agree that the second (if serious) should be in writing.

/ How to spend your legacy? #285  
Maybe states have different liability laws but in business I had 10 signs posted and an attorney said you can't sign off liability.
Dad had horses and my wife rode them. One day her (ex)friend asked to ride with her, the horse threw the girl breaking her arm. Dad's insurance had to pay or she would have sued Dad.

/ How to spend your legacy? #286  
In Texas, you are not liable, provided you have posted one of these signs.

Texas Equine Liability Sign

That sign is saying that, IF the injury is the result of the inherent risks associated with equine activities, then the equine professional is not liable.

If an inexperienced rider died because the instructor put her on an unstarted 2-year-old stallion, the instructor is going to lose some money.

/ How to spend your legacy? #287  
That sign is saying that, IF the injury is the result of the inherent risks associated with equine activities, then the equine professional is not liable.

If an inexperienced rider died because the instructor put her on an unstarted 2-year-old stallion, the instructor is going to lose some money.
Yes. It's limited liability. Here's a link to a complete clarification of the TX law.Texas 87.005 statute