How to spend your legacy?

/ How to spend your legacy? #101  
Awww bummer...... Is there no integrity anymore......
The Navy Marine Corp relief society, DAV, and PVA come to mind for other vet orgs they seem to spend less money on marketing for donations more money on actual disabled vets in need, imo.

/ How to spend your legacy? #103  
We've always pooled our money and discussed large purchase before spending.
Yeah, we did that. I'm just amazed at the increase of what is considered a "large purchase". It started near $100, now it's well over $1,000, maybe even $5K.

/ How to spend your legacy? #104  
I can see business arrangements, but in most cases where the couple have kept their finances separate seems to be when one of them does not expect to stay married.

Same with keeping separate names. If one has established a professional reputation I understand not changing the name upon marriage, but otherwise it seems that they're really not committed to each other as a team. (Either one can get a name change, it doesn't have to be the wife)
I asked my wife what she wanted to do with her last name when we got married. She said she wanted to change it to mine(ours). I got all sentimental and thanked her. She started laughing and said it's because she didn't want the hassle of keeping two names and didn't really care. My teary eyes soon dried up. :LOL:

/ How to spend your legacy? #105  
I have cash everywhere myself. I have a penchant for C notes.
My wife just shakes her head when she looks in the truck console..... :sneaky:

/ How to spend your legacy? #107  
Yeah, we did that. I'm just amazed at the increase of what is considered a "large purchase". It started near $100, now it's well over $1,000, maybe even $5K.
Yeah, as we get older and more established nest egg, we don't blink an eye about dropping $200 at the grocery store every other week, but still discuss buying $150 in new Christmas lights before purchase.

I guess groceries it's just expected to survive.

One time we didn't discuss some things about a large purchase. I've told this before.

We decided it was time to get a new tractor. We agreed on the price. And a new trailer, too. Went to the financial institution, sat down at the loan desk. Guy asked us how much we wanted to borrow. I looked at my wife and said tractor with attachments is $12,500, trailer is $2500. So we need $15K. She nodded her head then told the loan officer we were going to borrow $30K because she was getting a car. :oops:

I looked at her. She looked at me. One of those no words needed moments when you know you have to do what's best to ensure your own survival.

I looked at the loan officer and said "Yep. We need $30K."

:ROFLMAO:

/ How to spend your legacy? #108  
What's yours is yours and what's mine is negotiable. comes to mind. :)

But not in my relationship.

/ How to spend your legacy? #110  
Yeah, as we get older and more established nest egg, we don't blink an eye about dropping $200 at the grocery store every other week, but still discuss buying $150 in new Christmas lights before purchase.

I guess groceries it's just expected to survive.

One time we didn't discuss some things about a large purchase. I've told this before.

We decided it was time to get a new tractor. We agreed on the price. And a new trailer, too. Went to the financial institution, sat down at the loan desk. Guy asked us how much we wanted to borrow. I looked at my wife and said tractor with attachments is $12,500, trailer is $2500. So we need $15K. She nodded her head then told the loan officer we were going to borrow $30K because she was getting a car. :oops:

I looked at her. She looked at me. One of those no words needed moments when you know you have to do what's best to ensure your own survival.

I looked at the loan officer and said "Yep. We need $30K."

:ROFLMAO:

LOL. My SO is a salesman's worst nightmare.

I love her to death as she can make deals. And, she always manages to do the right thing. Bigger tractor, bigger ZTR...go big or go home. :) :)

And I warn the sales people about her, she will wait them out, under price them, gnaw at them.... I wish I had half her negotiating skills. It is an art to say the least. Very lucky she is my SO.