How to spot a Viet recon tractor?

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #31  
quote: ".............RCO Tractor buys their tractors, that they select, from a reconditioner in Vietnam...........Then, they bring them to their shop and do MORE work/testing to all of them..........In other words, RCO goes behind the Vietnamese to do more tests and/or repairs, or 'catch' what the Vietnamese missed......AND I THINK THAT IS WONDERFUL........" unquote

Hopefully in the future that MORE work/testing to all of them will include checking for 50 percent plugged radiators!

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #32  
Travis PLEASE !!! give it a rest Most of the folks here already have had this discussion many times & are quite tired of it by now, how else can we tell you?
Most of the members here are well aware of the vietnam machines and all the laundry that is attached to them, you are not going to convince anyone here otherwise.
We can see that you are head over heels for RCO tractors and thats fine, this is America and you are free to do so. All this is leading to is an argument, and it will get this thread closed like the others.
Please Travis

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #33  
Well, passgas55, there you have it. Sure sign of a re-con, lots of heated discussion, leading maybe to an agument... :D

Seriously, you can tell there is a lot of baggage around this topic here for whatever reason. Whatever.

Look at the tractor as a 20+ yr old used piece of equipment. Take it from there. Look for broken stuff, large pools of fluid, hard to start, etc. They all get here outside of the "normal" importing of goods, off sea containers, from another time and place...

I think we can all agree on one thing tho, Yanmar made some very nice and very tough tractors back 20 or so years ago (they probably still do, but we just can't get them :( )

anyway, lets move on from here...

...glad i don't go out drinkin' with you guys! :D :D :D

passgas55 said:
If I was to go look at a Japan YM tractor from a private person and ask if his tractor is a viet recon or not and they reply they do not know, what do you look for?

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #34  
tractorErnie said:
Travis PLEASE !!! give it a rest Most of the folks here already have had this discussion many times & are quite tired of it by now, how else can we tell you?
Most of the members here are well aware of the vietnam machines and all the laundry that is attached to them, you are not going to convince anyone here otherwise.
We can see that you are head over heels for RCO tractors and thats fine, this is America and you are free to do so. All this is leading to is an argument, and it will get this thread closed like the others.
Please Travis

YOU SAID IT ALL,
THANK YOU ERNIE !!

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #35  
I truly DO appreciate all the responses I got when my tractor was overheating. I haven't forgotten........I've said my peace.........And I still enjoy talking to everyone on here.

Travis

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #36  
Must be more here than I know bout', but it seems like a good place, so I will continue to hangout and heck, most of ya seem quite friendly.... even if you have a little fuzzin' at the watering hole a time or two...

LOL

:D :D :D

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #37  
saintroad,

Welcome...........This is a good forum to talk about Yanmar tractors...............While we don't always agree on things here, we do all try to help each other out..............Thats what this forum is all about anyway.......Oh, and I think that for the most of us, its a hobby!!

Travis R

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #38  
The information you get from here will save you tons of time and money. When I first bought my 2000B(private seller), I thought the battery was bad but found quickly that it was the charging system. A quick scan on the forum showed a Datsun alt/vreg would work, for approximately $40.00.

I could go on with examples of other help I've gotten from this place, but
I think you got the idea. I am thankful for the help.

Jerry
2000BD

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #39  
Travis, I wrote a long message and it got lost when I tried to post it. I will try again. There are other dealers than RCO who inventory the VINA or I think now they are VN tractors. I would carefully buy another if the deal was right and not necessarily from RCO. I would like to see in person some of these grade "A" used units. I would consider RCO. I don't see how a person could go wrong with RCO as they seem to support what they sell even long distance.
I had most of the same discussions on here 2-3 years ago with these same guys. Some were nice some were not but we all just agreed to disagree. Some of these guys have been into Yanmar's for 20+ years so don't discount what they say. When I bougt my unit sight unseen on EBAY I was not told it was a VN rebuild. I really think the guy did not know. He advertised with the VINA "as needed" reburb list we see all the time. He was upfront with me that this was not a new tractor, that every part was not new, and that I should be able to turn a wrench if I bought one. He is Ford mechanic by trade and he went through it. He torqued every bolt and greesed every zerk etc... He said he did find any thing to repair. It has been a good unit. I don't use it that much. It should last me my life. I still think for the equipment I got and the price I paid I got the best deal around. I think "Joe" may have lost money on the deal by the time he drove 50 miles North to deliver it. He does not sell on ebay an longer. I think he still sells these around FT Worth TX. I do not know....I would like to see in person some of these grade "A" used units. I would have bougt from EFC but his web site said he did not ship that far and that made sense to me. I would have bought one. All the used units I see are rough except a guy up the road has pretty cherry 2310. I would have bougt it. Any way don't get upset and remember alot of these guys were Yanmaring when u was just a gleem in ur Pa's eye.....

/ How to spot a Viet recon tractor? #40  
Who cares where the tractor came from? Let's concentrate on the problems (which we all will or have had) and talk about the fixes. An "I told you so" doesn't help anyone and I'm tired of scanning through message after message of yadda yadda. Just want to know about problems and the solutions. You guys are experts... I want to learn!!!