Oil & Fuel How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower??

/ How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower?? #21  
Thanks Jim I will check that fuse when the rain blows over. My key switch is iffy too, is installing a start button easy to switch over ? I can buy one at my local auto parts store but have no clue what wires to hook to it because I will still need the key to heat the glow plugs.

BTW: My dad owned a small engine shop and I helped him all the time with gas burner's but not Diesel and he never let me play with wires so I never picked up on this one he was a Electrician also and always told me the dangers of touching wires I do but only the ones I know where they go ! LOL : ) This is why this has given me so many fits I have tried everything I know to do on this thing but one thing is for sure I will have some knowledge of this when I do get it running again...... Fuses all had wrong fuses in them ???? Where it had 20 it had 30 where it had 10 it had 20 ?????? That is not a good sign that means with a higher fuse in there it could have let something really mess up in the wires..........I will get back with you and let you know what I found. Thanks : ) P.S. I inherited this after my father passed away so no telling who did what to it before I got it use to be a nice tractor.

/ How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower?? #22  
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I have company who came in yesterday. Here is a diagram of how I hooked up a hotwire starter switch on my G1800. Also here is a link to the whole thread where I discussed my problem.

168505d1276518980-g1800-electrical-problems-g1800starterswitch.jpg

Your fuses are a big concern to me. You are right to put them back to the correct values and see if they blow. Sometimes people just use whatever fuse they can find and that's not good.

Of course, I still think your problem is glowplugs from your description of the problem. Do you have a voltmeter? There are two tests to run on the glowplugs. One is to see if they are getting power as I talked about before and the other is to see if they are open/burned out. You can make both those checks with a volt-ohm meter. Checking for voltage as I posted before will tell if they are getting power, but you have to check continuity with the ohmeter to make sure they are not burned out. If you don't feel confident doing that, I can try to help, but you may need some local help. Checking continuity requires the wire going to the glowplugs be disconnected and each on checked individually.

EDIT: I went back and read that you had installed new glowplugs. I'd say the chance of them being bad is very slim. You probably only need to check to see if they are getting power with the switch in the preheat position.

/ How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower?? #23  
Thanks Jim it will also take me a few days to get back with you to for I have a broken arm and not moving to well.
Thank you so much for the great information. Have a great week !

/ How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower?? #24  
Oh Man! Sorry to hear of your "wounded wing." I'm in no hurry and I suspect I'll be here if I can help. We've gotta get your mower going. It's too great a little machine to leave sitting around collecting dust. I really love mine.

/ How To Start a Kubota Diesel Mower?? #25  
Jinman- good info here... did you also have to install a toggle switch to kill the engine when you installed your hotwire starter switch? Or do you still use the key by turning it into the on position before pressing the hotwire button.

My Glow Plug light on the dash does not light up at all when the key is in the warm-up position. I thin it is one of my safety switches not making proper connection, combination box, or bad connection to the glow plugs. Will check fuse first though. All that said, from what I have been reading in the many forums electrical issues with this machine sounds like a reoccurring theme so I think I will opt for the hotwire switch.