How's The Weather?

/ How's The Weather?
Have you seen the tornado news? That's what happens when a cold front hits the Gulf teapot. Wow. This is not a good time of year to be blown out of your home.

/ How's The Weather? #52  
November has been cold. We’ve had several mountain snows and a few inches in the plains. Nights are fluctuating between 5 above and 30 degrees, days in the 40-60s. Not do much moisture in November as there was in October. I’m hoping that we get decent snow this winter.

/ How's The Weather? #53  
One sci-fi short story that I have become to appreciate, is this one by Ray Bradbury. part of "illustrated man," about people that absolutely needed sunlight in the same way we need water.

If you come to the PNW from someplace else, it will be a bit of a shock to you that, yes, indeed it can rain for a full month, every day. And this rain is cold, 33 to 42 degrees, and blows in all directions, and goes right to your bones till you get a bit crazy with hypothermia, no matter what you are wearing. Straight out, Snow is easier, as its dry. :)

Last edited:
   / How's The Weather? #54  
One sci-fi short story that I have become to appreciate, is this one by Ray Bradbury. part of "illustrated man," about people that absolutely needed sunlight in the same way we need water.

If you come to the PNW from someplace else, it will be a bit of a shock to you that, yes, indeed it can rain for a full month, every day. And this rain is cold, 33 to 42 degrees, and blows in all directions, and goes right to your bones till you get a bit crazy with hypothermia, no matter what you are wearing. Straight out, Snow is easier, as its dry. :)
I spent a couple years in the PNW in the mid 70s. The uninterrupted overcast from mid-Oct. thru April really got to me the first year, though by the 2nd I'd adapted to it somewhat. ISTR the "rain" being kind of "more than mist but not quite drizzle"...you could go out in it and not get too wet.
The culture differences were more of a challenge than the weather though, never really felt like I fit in.

/ How's The Weather? #55  
I spent a couple years in the PNW in the mid 70s. The uninterrupted overcast from mid-Oct. thru April really got to me the first year, though by the 2nd I'd adapted to it somewhat. ISTR the "rain" being kind of "more than mist but not quite drizzle"...you could go out in it and not get too wet.
The culture differences were more of a challenge than the weather though, never really felt like I fit in.
They can be strange up there. Lack of sunshine in some areas, I guess.

/ How's The Weather? #56  
Most of last week wet and windy but today was (y) starting Tuesday most of the week wet.