Howse 72" tiller

/ Howse 72" tiller #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Folks,
Anybody have any expeience with a Howse 72" tiller? Are there different grades, i.e. residential or commecial? This is the brand the Kioti dealer offers and wanted to see if I should look somewhere else or not. Need a counter weight pretty quick for the loader though.
Thanks

/ Howse 72" tiller #2  
Folks,
Anybody have any expeience with a Howse 72" tiller? Are there different grades, i.e. residential or commecial? This is the brand the Kioti dealer offers and wanted to see if I should look somewhere else or not. Need a counter weight pretty quick for the loader though.
Thanks

Stay away from Howse. Buy JD or Buhler tillers.
I run ~80" Buhler. Very happy with it. I've seen JD 671??(I don't remember the exact number) their commercial version in action as well.

If you buy Howse, buy a welder if you don't have one already.

/ Howse 72" tiller #3  
Stay away from Howse. Buy JD or Buhler tillers.
I run ~80" Buhler. Very happy with it. I've seen JD 671??(I don't remember the exact number) their commercial version in action as well.If you buy Howse, buy a welder if you don't have one already.

Can it be a welder from "The Horrible Freight Company" ? :laughing:

Boone

/ Howse 72" tiller #4  
The only Howse implement I have experience with is a rear scoop. It lasted one weekend and went completely lopsided. I talked with the factory which is about 80 miles from me and they explained it was made from the finest Chinese steel available to them. I was using it with my mighty Kubota L2800, 29 horsepower monster which proved too much for it quickly. Returned to dealer and got a King Kutter scoop which has been with me for five years now without a problem.

/ Howse 72" tiller #5  
The only Howse implement I have experience with is a rear scoop. It lasted one weekend and went completely lopsided. I talked with the factory which is about 80 miles from me and they explained it was made from the finest Chinese steel available to them. I was using it with my mighty Kubota L2800, 29 horsepower monster which proved too much for it quickly. Returned to dealer and got a King Kutter scoop which has been with me for five years now without a problem.

That reminded me of the finest Chinese steel attachments, TSC used to sell around here called "Dark Horse".I think they were not even allowed to discard of them at the local dump for fear of land contamination. :laughing:

Boone