Howse bush hogs

/ Howse bush hogs #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I'd like some feedback on the new models of Howse bush hogs. I just got off an older 175 Massey Ferguson using an even older Howse bush hog and this combo definatley takes care of business. I only know its a Howse because the owner of 20 years says that's what it is. It's a 7 footer, its heavy and it has absolutley no markings left on it. However I mowed some brush that was at least 15 feet tall and 4 inches in diameter at breast height and it cuts through tem like butter. Low gear and tun it up and you can truly, cut it if you can drvive over it.

So, I'm looking for a 6 foot bush hog to go behind by DK45. It doesn't have to be the beast that this one is becasue I'm not going to put this tractor in the same kinds of places. In fact, I'm in reclamation mode on this land and hope to reclaim using the older setup and then maintain with the Kioti later. Can I expect the same type of performance out of the newer Howse models? Any owner feedback from members who have bought Howse procuts in the last few years would be appreciated.
Thanks
RJ

/ Howse bush hogs #2  
We have a 6' Howse with the shear pin set up. It has not been pampered and run behind a Ford 4000. No problems. Probably 20 years old....didn't realize that until started counting the years! Think they still making good products.