HST question on a GC1723EB

/ HST question on a GC1723EB #1  

AlmostThere

Tractor
2011 LS 5020c, 2021 MF GC1723EB
I bought a used 2021 GC1723EB last week with 50 hours on it. Sweet little tractor! I have a question though about the HST drive, I am used to a shuttle shift. Going forward all seems well but when I go in reverse it feels like there is a drag on it. If I let off the pedal it pretty much jerks to a stop. Is this normal for this tractor? The brake is released so that should not be a problem.

IMG_1349.jpg

/ HST question on a GC1723EB #2  
if pedal snaps up fast, as it usually does when new, its normal.means stuff is moving free.
problems happen when pedals DON"T snap up fast. then, like me, you replace 250$ worth of shaft bearings and pedal shock absorbers and pedal bushings.
you let off pedal and tractor keeps powering on...bad when using a rear snowblower near cars and houses lOL

/ HST question on a GC1723EB #3  
I bought a used 2021 GC1723EB last week with 50 hours on it. Sweet little tractor! I have a question though about the HST drive, I am used to a shuttle shift. Going forward all seems well but when I go in reverse it feels like there is a drag on it. If I let off the pedal it pretty much jerks to a stop. Is this normal for this tractor? The brake is released so that should not be a problem.

View attachment 739359
I'm not certain, but you may only need to adjust your reverse pedal. Check out this video.

/ HST question on a GC1723EB #4  

View attachment 739359
This is normal, hard on the knee until it hits broken in.

/ HST question on a GC1723EB #6  
fwiw rev is slower than fwd, check your manual it will show approx 2mph (average) difference between fwd and reverse.
eg my gc2400 supposed to do 9mpg fwd and 7mpg rev.
course now I went to R1 AG tire and fwd is approx 8mph and rev is approx 5-9 mph.
if you are thinking rev is broken/dragging due to slower speed thats normal.
look at your manual, it will show the speeds with appropriate tires.

/ HST question on a GC1723EB
Thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated. And thanks for the video link PJRAM, I will check that.

If this is normal that's fine. It isn't so much the slowness but a feeling of drag, like the parking brake was still engaged.