Hsv6 3rd function divert valve review

/ Hsv6 3rd function divert valve review #1  

Elvenhome21

Tractor
Case 580k
Here's my review of the $120 3rd function divert valve.
A+ Gallery_15.jpg

Being that it's the only thing remotely reasonable in price, the next valve up is at least $400. There's 2 different valves that you need to figure out which one you want when ordering. 1 has -10 orb the other has British pipe. Read the print for what what thread it has.

Does the valve work for a 3rd function - yes, for the most part

Installation is kinda a challenge if your tight on space. Ports are oring boss so you'll probably have to use several adapters to get to what you need.

I have 2 big complaints and some minor ones about the valve. First there is no chamfer for the oring to seal. I had to disassemble the valve several times because the fittings leaked until I chamfered all the ports. The second half of that problem is the ports are super close together so you really can't use elbow fittings unless they swivel on the orb side. Or you have to have hoses with a 90 on the end.
The other complaint I have is the valve spool will partially shift at random times (I have my valve on bucket curl and the divert goes to my grapple) when I curdling the bucket without hitting the button it will occasionally deadhead from the spool being slightly shifted. I think it's just the return spring might be weak or my flow is to high thru the valve.

Minor problems the print is wrong along with markings on the valve for what port is which.
They have letter cast into block for port letter but the arrow and location don't match how the valve actually works.

Yes I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Just realise it's not a parker valve, and needs the chamfer put on the ports before you can use it or it will leak.
You need to plan out your fittings and hoses because that will be the hold up, they arent something you can all get at the farm store some are special order.
If you are in a tight location it might not work you really need a 8x8x6 area to put this.
A+ Gallery_16.jpg