Hurlimann Tractors

/ Hurlimann Tractors #1  

verberm

Anyone familiar with Hurlimann tractors? I'm interested in three new ones at a local auction:

(2) Prince 325
(1) Prince 325 w/Hardy #24 Loader

According to the Hurlimann website:
Hurlimann specs
they are 25 hp with shuttle shift (12 FWD + 12 REV) and hydrostatic power steering.

I'm most interested in cost, reliability, and parts availability.

Thank you.

/ Hurlimann Tractors #2  
Well, All three of my local Hurlmann dealers....

Just kidding!

Sorry I've never heard of them, but I see they are Same/Deustz family....

/ Hurlimann Tractors
No kidding. I've been lurking this message board for more than a year and I've never seen the Hurlimann name come up in a discussion.

How is the Same/Deutz family in general?

/ Hurlimann Tractors #4  
i have seen a couple advertised on ironsearch dot com, but in general I think it is foolish to buy a product that barely has a share of the market - parts, service, resale all will pose significant challenges. I would not imagine the price difference is that significant, esp. when you figure you can resell a kubota any time of year for a high percent of new.

Many people on this board claim they arent concerned with resale - 'gonna keep it forever' - which then begs the parts concern.

/ Hurlimann Tractors #5  
I have a Hurlimann 445 that I bought in 2000 brand new for 14,665 with turf tires and I absolutely love it. Four wheel drive and shuttle shift with a Mitsubishi Diesel and I have only had to change oil and filters.

/ Hurlimann Tractors #6  
Hurlimann was a European mid-level brand tractor that operated up through the 1980s/early 1990s as an independent company. They were bought by the SAME/Deutz-Fahr/Lamborghini consortium in the late 1990s and their product line was assimilated. There are not a lot of S-DF dealers in the U.S. anymore but there are some and parts support for a Hurlimann should be available from any of them even if the part might arive in a slightly different color.

Honestly, it wouldn't be much different than buying a SAME or Duetz in terms of support but it's much less convenient than buying one of the majors. As for the tractors themselves, they are on par with anything you can buy from JD or CNH or Agco or Kubota but support will likely be sparser.

/ Hurlimann Tractors #7  
No kidding. I've been lurking this message board for more than a year and I've never seen the Hurlimann name come up in a discussion.

How is the Same/Deutz family in general?

When Farmtrac went bellyup a lot of those Farmtrac dealers took on the line of Deutz Fahr. My dealer starting stocking them in Jan. of last year. I purchased an Adroplus 87 in June. Got just under 250 hours on it now and really like the tractor. Have used the tractor for rolling hay, spreading woodash and litter and bought a pasture renovator in Jan. and just finished running it over 80 acres of hay land and pasture. It has performed perfect. These tractors come stardard with all wheel braking (not a brake band around a shaft, each wheel has a brake unit). I've really enjoyed the all wheel braking because of the hills we have and pulling that spreader on those hills. They crank in cold weather. example: I started mine at -1 with the glow plug only.The tractor was sitting outside and no engine heater or battery charger connected to it. I've never had a diesel engine start with the temp. that low.

If you look close at the Deutz Fahr line you see some great features. Front drive shaft is covered and the oil pan even has a U shape in the bottom so the drive shaft isn't exposed. Meaning you can't see it because it's covered. The Agroplus 87 has 3 remotes, the model I bought has electronic shift, shuttle and stop and go. I use those features every time I use the tractor.Also has 30 speeds. Really nice when haying and having to stop and apply twine to the bale and dump. The Agroplus 87 has a SAME engine. The engine has an injector pump for each cylinder. It's a fuel sipper to say the least. When pulling that pasture renovator it used 2.2-2.3 gal per hour depending on the speed and compaction of the soil. I know that some of the other brands I've run would have been in the 4-5 gal. per hour doing that same work.

Haven't replaced any parts but my dealer does stock parts and can get them over night if need be. They seem to be a good solid tractor. He's selling them even with a bad economy. Mainly because of the price. They are concidered the JD of Eurpoe by some. When you compare the tractors in the same class the price is far better on the Deutz Fahr line.